Patient Services Rep - Urology Care (40 hrs/wk)
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Wage Range: $20.57 - $32.92 per hourSign-On Bonus: Up to
$3,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealthPosted wage ranges
represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with
more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the
lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions
also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or
degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of
relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.Job
Summary:Serves as the first point-of-contact for patients in a
fast-paced clinical environment and utilizes exceptional customer
service skills to coordinate care and provide an excellent patient
experience. Responsibilities include pre-registration/scheduling,
registration/check in, message and queue management, medical
records request management, referral management, and
billing/payment processing/charge reconciliation.Primary
- Coordinates all aspects of patient scheduling to include
creating initial and follow up in-person or virtual visit
appointments; rescheduling, cancelling and managing self-scheduled
appointments in a fashion that meets patient care needs and
optimizes provider schedules.
- Manages multi-line telephone system (incoming and outgoing).
Follows guidelines to identify and direct patients calling with
emergent/urgent symptoms to appropriate clinical staff for
- Sets up and verifies active and contracted insurance coverage
in multiple systems and/or educates patients on
co-insurance/co-pay, self-pay, L&I, MVA, Medicaid,
Medicare/Medicare Advantage, etc.
- Enrolls patient on patient portal and explains its attributes,
benefits and recommended use.
- Requests, confirms and validates interpreter services.
- Greets patients and completes check-in process. Directs and
assists patients with completion of appropriate paperwork.
- Monitors various group Message Pools and responds to patient
requests, questions and concerns within established organizational
- Takes complete and accurate messages and coordinate
communication between appropriate interdisciplinary staff.
Coordinates emergent or add-on patient care requests with clinical
team and provider.
- Manages appointment queues (Ex. future appointment orders;
cancellation list; wait list).
- Prepares, documents and sends various patient outreach
- Initiates outside medical record requests by requesting
materials from admissions and emergency departments, physicians and
other authorized hospital staff to support provider visits and
closure of care gaps for Health Maintenance. Prepares and scans
documents for Health Information Management department
- Manages incoming referrals through clinic documentation and
established tracking protocol. Facilitates communication between
the clinic, patient and insurance company, as required.
- Identifies and collects copayments in adherence with
- Cultivates EvergreenHealth culture of community by supporting
new staff training.
- Monitors and maintains tidy patient waiting and staff work
areas in accordance with infection control standards and safety
- Orders and restocks patient forms and non-medical
- Files, faxes, scans, photocopies and distributes mail.
- Performs open and close duties, which vary from clinic to
- Performs other duties as assigned.License, Certification,
Education or Experience:REQUIRED for the position:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in a customer service role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the
capacity to communicate with a diverse range of individuals and
- Ability to problem solve, stay calm under pressure and present
oneself in a pleasant and professional manner when responding to
inquiries from EH staff and patients (Ex. service recovery).
- Strong written communication skills, including ability to spell
accurately and write legibly.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work
productively within a team environment.
- Actively listen to and validate patient conversations. Employ
de-escalating techniques as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and ability to access,
analyze and apply concepts associated with protocols, policy and
- Keyboarding skills and working knowledge of Windows based
software systems.DESIRED for the position:
- Previous experience in a medical reception or similar
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology/common medications
- Knowledge and experience accessing/verifying insurance
coverage. Experience using Real Time Eligibility (RTE)
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience, preferably
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other health industry compliance
standardsBenefit Information: Choices that care for you and your
family At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees commitment
and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of
quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible,
and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and
improve health and financial well-being.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefits View a summary of our total rewards available
to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link
below. Please see job descriptionPI207486867
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Patient Services Rep - Urology Care (40 hrs/wk), Sales , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...