Project Architect - Interiors
Company: HOK Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 17, 2019
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to join our Interiors
team. As a Project Architect, you are responsible for interpreting,
organizing and executing the conceptual design of a project
utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project
requirements and objectives through project completion.
* Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project
established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the
* Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through
construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent
and properly executed.
* Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a
defined portion of a project.
* Performs product research. May be responsible for or assist
Project Manager in writing specifications.
* Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for
* Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and
identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This
includes defining how data will be organized into files and which
elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model
* Sets up project team software parameters and manages
* Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working
relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
* Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors,
and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into
project requirements and provides support as necessary.
* Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to
quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
* Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior
* Performs as team leader on certain projects.
* Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff,
participates in professional development reviews and Lessons
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace
through sustainable work practices.
* Works on developing a positive relationship of trust with client
* Regularly communicates with client representative to verify
design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and
delivery of final presentation.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Receives project direction from the Principal in Charge and
Technical direction from the RBU Technical Principal.
* Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and
files with project team, clients and consultants.
* Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations
and modifications to complete working drawing set(s).
* Meets with municipal building department and other governing
agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
* Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue
changes and track resolutions.
* Provides technical support and project communications to team as
* Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings.
Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor s schedules,
submission of shop drawings and samples.
* Assists the Specification Writer in product research, consulting
with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project related
* Involved with specification set-up and drawing coordination,
research and appropriate use of HOK Standards.
* Provides support to all team members for specific market,
discipline, or other areas of expertise.
* Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues,
coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical
* Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to
* Prepares meeting minutes of consultant coordination meetings.
* May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds
models for client/project team review.
* Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into
* May participate in business development meetings with team
leaders to target specified project, client or market
* Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology,
material application, and manufacturer-supplier
* Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
* Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED
* Thorough knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information
Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
* Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
* Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and
apply/incorporate into technical documents.
* Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign
graphic software preferred.
* Proficiency in Revit required.
* Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Bachelor s degree in architecture required
* 10 plus years experience preferred
* Registered Architect with current license required.
* NCARB registration preferred.
* LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected
veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or
Seattle, Washington, United States
Keywords: HOK Group, Inc., Kirkland , Project Architect - Interiors, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!