Revenue Cycle Operations Analyst (40 hours/week, days)
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Wage Range: $$75,836 - $121,305 per year
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
The Revenue Cycle Operations Analyst will evaluate the effectiveness of revenue-related processes, track revenue cycle performance over time, and identify trends and opportunities to positively impact revenue performance across the organization. The individual in this role will build and strengthen relationships with operational department leadership, monitor dashboards, prepare, and interpret reports to optimize compliant charge capture. This person will lead or facilitate process improvement projects for identified areas of improvement and support other large-scale system implementations and projects with a focus on charge reconciliation and capture. Prioritization will be essential to evaluate materiality of the various projects.
1. Leads audit/charge evaluations at direction of Revenue Integrity and Compliance. Meets with departmental leadership to review findings, documentation standards, and recommendations for improvement.
2. Analyzes charge capture audit reports to verify that appropriate charges have been posted to patient accounts and that revenue has been routed/recorded in the appropriate department/cost center.
3. Develops and monitors Epic Revenue Integrity dashboards, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data, and coordinate Revenue Integrity analytics.
4. Advises service line leaders and their staff on proper usage of charge codes; identify opportunities for capturing additional revenue in accordance with payer guidelines; develop specifications to modify existing charge capture applications to reduce charge-related claim edits/rejections.
5. Builds strong relationships and facilitates effective communication between hospitals and clinic operations, Central Business Office (CBO), and core support departments (e.g., Patient Access, IT, HIM, Compliance).
6. Analyzes revenue cycle data, prepares revenue forecasts, and performs trend analysis.
7. Works closely with Denials/Appeals as needed to bridge and drive results through the revenue cycle.
8. Prepares for financial audits by ensuring procedural compliance in revenue reporting and collection.
9. Supports revenue cycle optimization by developing methods to effectively communicate information through presentations, reports, educational material, etc. and by providing formal and informal education to leaders and staff in other disciplines on revenue integrity topics.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education, or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
* Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare management, or related field
* Five years of relevant healthcare revenue cycle experience or similar
* Advanced knowledge of and skill working with MS Excel and data reporting
* Must possess sound knowledge of quantitative data analysis.
* Comfortable presenting to and interacting with levels of hospital management and with clinical leaders.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, duties, and projects.
* Strong time management, attention to detail, and follow through.
DESIRED for the position:
* Prior consulting experience
* Project management experience
* Epic experience
* Master's degree in business, healthcare management, or related field
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees' commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
* Medical, vision and dental insurance
* On-demand virtual health care
* Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
* Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
* Paid Time Off/Vacation
* Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
* Paid holidays
* Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
* Voluntary identity theft protection
* Voluntary legal insurance
* Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
* Free parking
* Commuter benefits
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.
2023 Benefits Guide
Please see job description
Wage Range: $$75,836 - $121,305 per year
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Revenue Cycle Operations Analyst (40 hours/week, days), Professions , Kirkland, Washington
here to apply!