Epic Applications Analyst - Mid (Dorothy/Comfort)
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Wage Range: $87,755 - $140,442 per yearPosted wage ranges
represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with
more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the
lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions
also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or
degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of
relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.***This
EPIC role requires Dorothy/Confort experience***Job SummaryAssists
in the development, support, functionality roll, and long-term
support of the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and other
supporting IT systems for EvergreenHealth system end-users.Assists
in optimizing workflow processes through building applications that
are tailored to meet the EvergreenHealth needs. Learns Epic EHR
system capabilities and functional use and applies knowledge of
Patient Care Business workflow to assist in the implementation,
testing, go-live, and long-term support. Serves as a subject matter
expert in their assigned applications and provides leadership on
small and medium size projects with minimal oversight.Primary
- Conducts research to develop, configure, and modify moderately
complex information systems.
- Designs, configures, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains
- Applies detailed knowledge of system functionality to the
implementation of new applications and modules.
- Uses knowledge of user workflow to assist users in defining
- Uses technical and analytical skills to determine best
approaches to tailoring system to meet EvergreenHealth goals of
standardization across the health system.
- Builds and configures system to meet requirements, using
available application tools.
- Creates documentation of business requirements, current and
future state workflows, and any custom build as appropriate.
- Coordinates all testing phases of associated applications
during implementations and upgrades.
- Participates in testing; or lead integrated testing,
coordinating resources and organizing issue tracking.
- Conducts research and resolve issues.
- Provides input to go-live event.
- Provides support during go-live events, including during
standard off-hours support times.
- Provides technical and professional guidance to less
experienced resources as needed.
- Takes responsibility for the more complex builds and issue
- Manages small and medium sized projects with minimal managerial
oversight. May take a key leadership role in larger projects.
Develops key project management tools, including project plans,
issues logs, testing plans, and go-live events.
- Develops strong relationships with end user communities,
customers, and business partners.
- Builds enhancements to current functionality using application
- Participates in detailed testing of software updates and
- Responds to issues reported by users; conducts research and
resolves issues in a timely fashion.
- Provides excellent customer service by communicating in a
friendly and professional manner, empathizing with users on system
issue impacts, setting appropriate expectations on issue
- Responsible for ongoing on call duties for one or more
applications which generate Incidents outside of business hours.
Often this role is on call for the most critical applications
requiring the fastest and most skilled level of response.
Troubleshoots and resolves system issues escalated by the Help
- Collaborates with vendor support personnel to research and
resolve vendor product issues.
- Participates in vendor user groups and online listservs, and
reviews contents of vendor updates, to ensure optimization of the
capabilities of the assigned applications.
- Participates in cross-training, as a trainer and a learner, for
personal development and to ensure adequate secondary coverage on
- Performs other duties as assigned.License, Certification,
Education or Experience:REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelors degree in Clinical, Informatics, Computer Science,
Information Systems, Business Computer Systems, or another related
field and 6-8 years healthcare IT experience, or Graduate degree
and 4-6 years healthcare IT experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which
provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above,
may be substituted for the above education and experience
- Excellent analytical, technical, and organizational skills
demonstrated through prior healthcare IT experience
- Ability to learn new vendor applications quickly and utilize
application tools to tailor system to meet user requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member across
- Ability to develop, document and ensure adherence to technical
- Ability to independently research and perform analysis to
resolve complex issues
- Ability to understand customer requirements and their impact on
technical directions of a solution
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage ones
own work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing
- Excellent customer service orientation, including good
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and react to customers
appropriately while exhibiting the highest level of customer
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Must be able to be onsite for go-lives, department rounding and
other support activities. Remote work is negotiable.
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Must be a team player and demonstrate interest in a longer-term
- Passion for supporting applications in a healthcare
- Dorothy/Comfort experienceDESIRED for the position:
- Strong understanding of healthcare business process and
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology
- Healthcare IT experience in acute care or ambulatory care
- Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacingBenefit
Information: Choices that care for you and your familyAt
EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees commitment and
contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of
quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible,
and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and
improve health and financial well-being.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans 457(b) and 401(a) with employer
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefits
- Cafeteria & Gift Shop DiscountView a summary of our total
rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by
clicking on the link below.Please see job
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Epic Applications Analyst - Mid (Dorothy/Comfort), Professions , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...