Construction Account Manager - South Sound
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by
providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes,
industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business.
Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to
our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about
helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment,
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling
approach in the retention of current Waste Management customers.
Manages existing business relationships in order to achieve
budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention
strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve
business, and securing contract agreements from previously
non-contracted customers. The Account Manager will "save, secure,
and convert" by handling all customer cancellation requests,
providing ongoing education of contract details to existing
customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during
face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service
within the defined territory will be resolved through this
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Managing business to business sales relationships.
- Developing detailed proposals encompassing multiple
- Researching aspects of the waste and environmental services
- Attending conferences/symposiums as a means of networking and
staying current with industry-and market-related
- Assignment management.
- Building trusting relationships.
- Providing high-impact Communication.
- Able to identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal
- Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted
sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies
that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers
- Manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and
maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Reduces lost major accounts by diffusing cancellation requests.
Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for proactive account
retention.Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound
plans on retention calls to improve the customers' service and/or
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by
demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition;
effectively communicates pricing and service strategies;
proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities,
referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software
tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program,
Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate
local, state and federal regulations.
- Devising sales approaches and solutions.
- Marshalling resources.
- Sales negotiation.
- Sales opportunity analysis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree,
High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales
Experience: 1 year work experience (in addition to education
requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, and phone based
business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully
obtaining customer appointments
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- 20 hours of training with Resource Conservation and recovery
- Certifications: WM CRA
- Involved in one or more of the following: U.S. green Build
council (USGBC), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Associated
general Contractors of America (AGC), Building Owners and Managers
Association (BOMA), or National Association of Home Builder.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to
maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills
required. General Competencies Include:
- Comprehensive understanding of construction industry (phases,
materials, waste, etc).
- Techniques for identifying and managing new business
- Techniques for identifying and responding to
- Techniques for bypassing "Gatekeepers"
- Understands the competitive landscape in the local
- Understands "Green" influences and sustainability
- Analyze and solve problems
- Conduct formal presentations
- Able to design customized solutions that address more than just
- Excellent business and communication skills
- Understands how to calculate price and amounts such as
- Basic software and web-based applications
- Active Learning
- Sales Disposition
- Motivational Fit
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Kirkland , Construction Account Manager - South Sound, Professions , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!