Company: Newport Healthcare
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare
organization dedicated to transforming young lives through
evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen
and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and
we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to
sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff
members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive
salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan
repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part
of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in
authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional loveand
experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young
people and their families each and every day. Empowering Lives.
Restoring Families. Responsibilities:
The Intake Clinicians primary function is to facilitate all aspects
of the onsite admissions and intake process, including, but not
limited to, face-to-face clinical and risk assessments and acting
as liaison between admissions, programming, client and/or
parents/guardian. Depending upon admissions volume, the Intake
Clinician may also be asked to support the clinical team by
periodically facilitating groups or supporting the program
- Provide up to date availability for the scheduling of virtual
assessments and coordination of admissions.
- Facilitate virtual assessments to assess appropriateness for
level of care placement.
- Conduct record reviews of clinical and medical screening
questionnaires, IP treatment records, IEP academic records,
referent-provided information, releases of information and custody
paperwork, in the admission clearance process.
- Document clinical clearance with level of care recommendation,
risk level assignment, and provisional diagnoses.
- Provide thorough rationale for denials of admissions, citing
exclusionary criteria when appropriated.
- Conduct face-to-face risk assessments as required upon
admission and as needed, including the development of initial
- Assign safety risk level and elopement risk level, triaging
risk with onsite program and clinical staff to ensure
accommodations to manage risk in place prior to admission.
- Consult with Clinical Director on all potential denials of
admission and consult with other program Clinical Directors on
- Consult with medical, psychiatry, or specialized services in
the clearance process.
- Provide parents with rationale denial of admission and referral
recommendations, as needed.
- Support other programs through participation in the VAIR
scheduler to complete assessments for other programs.
- Support programming and client treatment, based on
availability, which may include individual or group therapy
sessions, client activities, or crisis management.
- Engage client/family early in the referral and admissions
process and have the clinical acumen to meet client/family where
they are at, create an authentic relationship, address emotions
such as fear/anxiety, and work through resistance towards
- Masters Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or
related field or enrollment in Doctorate program from an accredited
or state approved graduate school required.
- Licensed or ability to transfer license in Marriage Family
Therapy, Counseling, Social Work, or Clinical Psychologist in the
state in which services are provided required.
- Experience with individual, family, and/or group therapy with
young adults/adolescents required.
- Experience with mental health, substance abuse, eating
disorders, or trauma-informed treatment preferred. Newport
Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Newport Healthcare
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws. Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to
individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental
disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application or hiring process please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more
information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal
Employment Opportunity Posters
Keywords: Newport Healthcare, Kirkland , Intake Clinician, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!