Medical Assistant - Call and Referral Support (40hrs/wk)
Posted on: January 25, 2023
***Up to $3,000.00 sign on bonus for experienced MA's with a
minimum of one year experience and new employee of
EvergreenHealth*** ***Up to $1,500.00 sign on bonus for new MA
graduates*** Job Summary:Responsible for assisting providers by
handling patient phone calls and performing patient follow up via
phone. Performs data entry related to prescription refills,
test/lab results, and other clerical duties as necessary.Essential
- Answers and handles patient phone calls, takes messages for the
provider or forwards as necessary.
- Calls in prescriptions as ordered by provider following
standard refill protocol. Performs data entry related to the refill
of patient prescriptions.
- Conducts follow up calls for the provider related to medication
adjustments or changes; appointment scheduling related to specific
care needs, providing patient specific information to specialist
providers, pharmacies and associated healthcare services following
HIPAA standards and EHPC protocol.
- May call in lab/test orders and/or provide test and lab results
to patients following EHPC Lab/Test results protocol.
- Must utilize EMR efficiently and follow appropriate processes
for entering and retrieving data
- Skilled in the use of computer programs used in the clinic
setting. License, Certification, Education or Experience: REQUIRED
for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent or applicable coursework to
be applied to obtain required WA State Medical Assistant
- Current WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
- Current national certification through the American Association
of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT),
National Healthcareer Association (NHA), National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT) or American Medical Certification
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of
- Proficient with medical terminology DESIRED for the position:
- 1 year of related work experiencePI201950033
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Medical Assistant - Call and Referral Support (40hrs/wk), Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!