Cook's Helper (40 hrs/wk)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
***Up to $2,000.00 sign on bonus of a new employee of
One free meal per shift!
Performs various functions within the food services departments,
including but not limited to: cleaning cafeteria tables, making
coffee/espresso for cafeteria, catering and deli service, packaging
and dishing food items and cashiering.
Prepares and sets up food, supplies and nourishment for patient,
catering and retail services in accordance with recognized safety,
sanitation and food-handling standards and procedures.
1. Operates point of sale (POS) cash register system to record all
transactions in keeping with EvergreenHealth's cash handling
policies and procedures.
2. Maintains all hot and cold foods at proper temperature.
3. Serves food in accordance with recognized safety, sanitation and
food-handling standards and procedures.
4. Prepares, portions, and packages food and supplies according to
standardized recipes. Prepares quick service items including but
not limited to; burgers, fish and chips, pizza and hot/cold
5. Maintains clean and organized dining tables and seating
6. Maintains a clean, well-stocked retail sales area.
7. Adheres to organizational patient safety standards relevant to
the department or assigned nursing unit.
8. Operates, safely and accurately, a variety of commercial food
service equipment, including knives, slicer, thermometers,
measuring utensils, scales, toaster, food warmer, mixer, blender,
grill, fryer, broiler, and microwave oven.
9. Set up caterings as needed according to Catering standards.
10. Timely delivery/pick-up of all caterings.
11. Must be able to correctly understand event contracts from the
Cater Tax system.
12. Operates POS cash register system to record all transactions in
keeping with EHMC cash handling policies and procedures.
13. Follows department and government safety and sanitation
14. Follows procedures for procuring food items from refrigerators,
freezers, and storage areas.
15. Labels, dates and stores all foods in keeping with department
16. Pre-dishes and packages food items in appropriate amounts.
17. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance,
punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective
performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and
for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon)
timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with
organizational policy, goals and values.
18. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this
position in support of the organization.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and
A valid Washington State "Food and Beverage Workers" Permit
Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and
Recent food service, cashiering or customer service work experience
OR any combination of experience and education that would
demonstrate the capability to perform the duties
Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, fellow
employees and other departments.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working
Ability to multi task in a fast paced, constantly changing
Capable of efficient time management.
Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
for cash handling purposes.
Basic understanding of POS functionality.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International
Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth offers a rich benefit package including Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits, Employer Match
Retirement Plan, Employee Discounts and Commuter Benefits including
Transit Pass for Commuters.
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Cook's Helper (40 hrs/wk), Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!