Senior Piping Designer
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job DescriptionSenior Piping Designer Why Join us?We are hiring!
We are looking for a Senior Piping Designer to join our team. This
position location is in Kirkland, WA but we are open to Hybrid or
Remote work schedule within the US.This position reports to the
Chief Mechanical Engineer and is responsible for 3D modeling of
power plant and industrial plant equipment, piping, and piping
supports and integrating the piping design with vendor supplied
equipment. - The candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD and
SmartPlant 3D. The work includes performing 3D piping design
modeling as well as extracting and annotating the 2D piping
orthographic plans and isometric drawings from the models. The
candidate must be proficient with Intergraph SmartPlant 3D. -The
position requires excellent communication and coordination skills.
Responsibilities include managing schedules for document
deliverables and overseeing other designers.Primary RolePosition
requires working on fast paced technically complex engineering
design services projects in power plants and other energy and
industrial facilities. Assignments will include supporting
proposals and FEED studies in addition to primary work on both new
and retrofit and expansion type projects. How will you contribute
to the team?Typical duties and essential functions will include but
not be limited to the preparation, design, modification,
coordination, and/or review of the following. -
- Commitment to our values of safety, integrity, and Client
- Designing, and layout of piping systems, equipment and pipe
supports using 2D/3D design software.
- Create piping isometrics.
- Prepare P&IDs under supervision of mechanical/process
- Work with piping line lists and tie-in lists.
- Understand and meet drawing deliverables schedules.
- Provide checking of others piping designer's work.
- Support the project and proposal groups by drafting schematics
and flow diagrams.
- Coordinate piping interface with instrumentation and control
valves with the I&C group.
- Coordinate piping interface with the civil/structural
- Coordinate piping interface and supports with the
civil/structural engineering group.
- Coordinate electrical requirements of piping systems with the
electrical engineering group.
- Work closely with pipe stress engineers on layouts and
revisions to meet stress criteria.
- Support construction in the field including providing
information and resolving technical issues.
- Support proposal and project engineering managers on specific
tasks as directed by the Chief engineer.
- Participate in project specific piping and project
- Ability to build 3D models in SmartPlant and or on other design
- Present "walk through" of 3D models and describe piping layout
to other groups and to Clients.
- Work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Coordinate the work of other designers.
- Assist with scheduling deliverables and tracking progress.
- Work directly with project management and Clients.What will you
- Two-year degree in mechanical discipline or equivalent
combination of education and training.
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a piping designer in an
- 15 years minimum in the industrial design engineering industry.
- Technical skills include AutoCAD, Plant 3D, SP3D SmartPlant and
the ability to learn and use other design software as may be
- Experience with industrial piping including high energy steam
- Understanding of basic project scheduling.
- Time management and multi-tasking abilities including the
ability to work on multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines in high pressure environments.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience with retrofit projects is desirable.
- Infrequent travel to client sites for walk downs or other
- Implement quality, integrity. and safety in daily work
- Mentoring less experienced designers.
- Desire to grow in knowledge and responsibility.Work Environment
and Physical Demands:
- Typically, work is in an office or remote
- Occasional jobsite visits will require field walk down of
piping systemsWhat we offer at SNC-Lavalin:At SNC-Lavalin, you will
enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work
environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career
- Remote work may be consideredYou think that a career in our
team could match your profile, submit your application online
now!Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated
professional services and project management company and a major
player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the
world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our
teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions -
including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering,
construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance -
to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure
and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the
world's most respected design, engineering and project management
consultancies. .Pay Range $90K - $120K annuallyNote to staffing and
direct hire agencies: In the event a recruiter or agency who is not
on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone
in the company, SNC-Lavalin Family of companies, we explicitly
reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our
discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or
agency. Worker TypeEmployeeJob TypeRegularAt SNC-Lavalin, we seek
to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and
perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no
distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual
identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches
itself through these differences. -SNC-Lavalin cares about your
privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies
of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are
committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our - on our
Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer
your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to
SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy
Keywords: Snc-Lavalin, Kirkland , Senior Piping Designer, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!