Embedded Systems Architect Job
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PACCAR Embedded Engineering
PACCAR Embedded Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization
that is transforming the way control systems and software are
developed for commercial vehicle applications. This includes
developing the latest vehicle controls, display technology, and
autonomous truck solutions that exceed customer expectations. You
will collaborate with an international, cross-functional team
focused on driving superior technical solutions that maximize
customer uptime and operating
efficiency. Successful applicants will demonstrate individual
creativity in addressing challenges and opportunities while working
within a supportive team to develop industry-leading solutions for
the medium- and heavy-duty truck industry.
- Design and release of electrical and electronic systems and
architecture for heavy commercial trucks.
- Integrate autonomous subsystems into vehicle
electrical/electronic network architecture.
- Develop and document engineering specifications for new vehicle
- Assess technology proposals from external suppliers for their
potential to meet risk management design objectives
- Obtain agreement with cross-divisional counterparts on global
- Support test organization in identification and resolution of
design issues. Update architectural documents accordingly.
- Provide interface documentation to wiring design, software
architect(s), and other engineering design groups.
- Lead and participate in scrum teams to develop
industry-leading, high-quality, reliable electronic systems,
software and architecture. Manage engineering and project
management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and
- Keep current with emerging industry trends in the field of
automotive / commercial vehicle E/E systems, network architecture
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
- BSEE or equivalent degree required.
- Master's degree and PE license preferred.
- 2+ years of design or development experience with automotive or
commercial vehicle ADAS (Autonomous Driver Assistance Systems)
control systems /code and /or architecture preferred.
- Experience in design and application of automotive electronic
control modules, switches, driver input devices, software, or HMI
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such
as CAN. SAE J1939 and LIN preferred.
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma disciplines and tools
- Proficiency using Requirements Management tools and Systems
Engineering tools desired. Experience using Matlab/Simulink, IBM
Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Team Concert,
Sparx Enterprise Architect, and/or HP Quality Center is a
- Engineering knowledge of heavy duty commercial truck systems
and regulations preferred.
- Experience in product development and new product
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and
techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with personal computer software including project
management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally, and be
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 Company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future
with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Paid Time Off - vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan
after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing
policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not
discriminated against because of their race, color, religious
creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status
or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and
other conditions of employment.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Architecture, Embedded, Informatics, Medical,
Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare
Keywords: PACCAR, Kirkland , Embedded Systems Architect Job, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!