Senior Manager, Mobile Analytics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for
console systems, handheld gaming devices, personal computers, and
mobile. 2K is a leading publisher of today's most popular gaming
genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises
like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, and the
beloved Sid Meier's Civilization.
What We Need
2K has been a powerful console and PC game publisher for several
console generations and is known for bringing unique IP to the
market. As our games get bigger and more complex, we are growing
our analytics group. We're looking for a skilled and passionate
manager to work in the Analytics team, primarily focusing on 2K's
mobile games. As a senior analytics manager, you are not only
responsible for providing technical leadership to a group of
analysts and data scientists but also able to work independently on
crunching data, translating that information into digestible
reports, setting up dashboards, building ML models, and giving
actionable data and insights to our development team.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Collaborate with development teams to define business
opportunities, set priorities, develop scalable analytics
approaches, coordinate with, and provide recommendations to product
development teams and studio leaderships.
- Coach team members on delivering impactful insights, implement
data-driven strategies, and drive analytics projects
- Work closely with development teams to provide insights to
understand the impact of product decisions on game quality.
- Work with the development teams on telemetry design
- Work with data engineering and data QA teams on establishing
- Analyze gameplay and economy data to understand how feature,
content, and balance adjustments impact overall player experience
before and after the product launches.
- Analyze game and player data to understand the player behavior
and enhance the quality of the player experience.
- Regularly perform ad hoc analyses for development, live ops,
and performance marketing teams.
- Present findings are taken from data analysis both in person
and in presentation form for small groups.
- Design, test, and implement scalable and repeatable model
framework for user acquisition, engagement, and monetization
strategies around LiveOps
- Define and establish business KPIs as well as creating and
distributing regular performance reports and dashboards.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished
using one of the statistical software packages like R or
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: time series,
experimental design, classification, clustering, and regression
- Expert in relational databases and proficient with SQL.
- Advanced experience with Tableau or other similar visualization
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of
working across all levels of the organization.
- 6+ years of experience in data science or analytics roles
involving data mining & analytics with very large, complex, and
multi-dimensional data sets.
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, or
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning.
- A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer
Science, Data Science, Engineering Sciences (or in another
- Knowledge of free-to-play mobile game economics and/or
- Experience in initiating and leading interdisciplinary science
and engineering research and projects
- Passionate for mobile gaming and user growth
- Master's or Ph.D. Degree in a quantitative field
Keywords: 2K, Kirkland , Senior Manager, Mobile Analytics, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!