Home Lending Loan Officer-Kirkland
Company: Umpqua Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Originate residential mortgage loans through solicitation and
developing relationships with real estate professionals, builders,
and other business referral sources. To successfully produce the
numbers you are assigned, you will need to maintain a quality
network of business relationships that serve as recurring sources
of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities for you and
growth for the bank. In this role, your compensation will be based
on your ability to produce consistently and you're most likely to
succeed if you come in with an existing book of business.
- Participate in business related development opportunities,
community and bank events in an effort to promote
- Develop and execute marketing plan based on monthly and
quarterly production standards. Works with manager to constantly
improve performance and exceed minimum monthly standards as set
forth in the compensation schedule.
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze
financial and credit data, determines customer financing
objectives, advises customer on product/pricing policies and
guidelines, and gathers all additional required information in
order to complete an error free disclosure to the customer.
- Analyze the various mortgage products available to the customer
based on the information provided.
- Employ independent judgment and discretion to recommend a
mortgage product or products that are suitable for the customer's
financial situation and consistent with the customer's overall
- Obtain all required documentation as required (i.e. appraisals,
title reports, financial information, pulling credit), by taking
complete applications, analyzing information and is accurate with
supporting documentation to allow a seamless disclosure, process
and approval on the loan file.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the loan file and
documentation through processing underwriting, closing, funding and
post-closing by following the transaction through to its
- Convey to customers and other associates the advantages of the
company and various financial products the company offers through
other areas of the bank.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach
coursework as subject matter expert. Responsible for other duties
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to
your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures
regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank
Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is
defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage
loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a
consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiates
a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person,
represent to the public (through advertising or other means of
communication) that such person can or will perform any of these
activities, or, refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except
those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit
terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the
employee's assessment of the consumer's financial characteristics
to a particular Bank MLO), for compensation or gain. All MLO's will
be required to register as a MLO complying with the S.A.F.E. Act
This position is authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO
which is defined as any position designated to perform the
activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and thus
subject to specific Truth-in-Lending Act and Regulation Z Loan
- Mortgage originating and structuring experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the home lending industry, including
processing, underwriting, closing and funding loan.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience collecting and analyzing borrower income and
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a customer's particular
financial and housing situation and make appropriate
recommendations for mortgage and other financial products based on
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, manage and perform multiple
- Detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across
the company to manage internal and external customer
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software
packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Previous mortgage self-generated origination/sales experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, finance, or
- Must be registered as a MLO as per the S.A.F.E. Act
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or
has the interest in learning to train and present.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 10 pounds
- Occasional travel.
- No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail
stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40
hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with
the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no
finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center
of everything we do. We focus on building relationships,
understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new
and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of
providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however
they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, Kirkland , Home Lending Loan Officer-Kirkland, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!