Clinical Therapy Educator, Hospice and Home Health Admin (40hrs/wk, Days)
Company: Evergreen Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The clinical education team works collaboratively to meet the
needs of new hires, whether they are new or experienced home care
clinicians. The Therapy Clinical Educator ensures therapy
disciplines receive education relevant to their practice during
orientation and beyond; they also serves as a role model,
consultant, and resource to EHCS Leadership and patient care staff.
Home care is constantly evolving and the Therapy Clinical educator
would support change and innovation at EHCS.
Assumes responsibility for staff orientation, competency
assessment, and professional development of the organization's
clinical staff on the assigned unit/department. Provides efficient
and effective educational services and resources which enable staff
to meet patients and other customers' needs for high value, high
quality, cost sensitive patient- and family-centered care within
the framework of service excellence and evidence based best
practices. Fosters teamwork within and across units/departments.
Plans, develops, and facilitates opportunities for staff to
continuously refine and advance their competencies in patient care,
teaching, critical thinking and judgment.
- Provides orientation to new clinical employees.
- Works closely with clinical managers and Director to develop
educational plan for employees.
- Facilitates department compliance with all Employee Health and
Infection Control programs.
- Facilitates Oasis education for clinical staff to ensure that
clinicians have adequate Oasis Training to optimally manage
outcomes for their patients.
- Researches, develops, implements, promotes, delivers,
facilitates, documents, and evaluates education programs using
evidence-based approaches and frameworks that support the
organization's and assigned unit/department's goals, objectives,
and regulatory standards and also meets the ongoing educational
needs of staff on that assigned unit/department.
- Functions as educational resource for all staff on assigned
- Plans and implements unit/department-specific orientation
- Provides ongoing staff development, continuing education,
skills and competency assessments.
- Supports quality assessment and improvement initiatives and
- Fosters teamwork within and across units/departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational
Therapy or Speech Therapy
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or
Speech Therapist in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of
- 3 years of recent therapist experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach Documentation in the Electronic
Medical Record to new staff.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate education
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in leadership skills, in
learning/ facilitation, and interpersonal communication
- Must demonstrate knowledge/skills in needs assessment,
curriculum and materials development, implementation, and
evaluation of education programs
- Must be a dynamic, motivated and creative self-starter, who
continuously keeps abreast of current trends in staff development
and with own professional growth.
DESIRED for the position:
- Master's degree
- Prior experience with Learning Management System (LMS) and
creating web-based training
- One year in a leadership or teaching role or equivalent.
Keywords: Evergreen Healthcare, Kirkland , Clinical Therapy Educator, Hospice and Home Health Admin (40hrs/wk, Days), Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!