Director, Applications Engineering
Posted on: June 12, 2021
THE BEST JOB YOU'VE EVER HAD
It's not often you get the chance to change industries by
bringing truly breakthrough technology to market - technology that
not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It's
hard and challenging work, but it's also exciting, energizing,
satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne's Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is
changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on
decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to
commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size,
Weight or Power. Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy
machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need
sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions.
Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new
category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution,
ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to
operate safely at any time and in any weather. Bringing this
technology to market requires a team that works together.
The Applications Engineering team represents the technical
points of contact for all Echodyne current and potential customers,
partners and market influencers, and team-members are primarily
externally-facing. Primarily, the Applications Engineering team
members should be subject matter experts (SMEs) in the radar(s)
they are supporting and must be adept at communication.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a
team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is
talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a
disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do
not hesitate to let us know.
- Lead Echodyne's Applications Engineering team, focusing on
developing team's subject matter expertise on Echodyne radar
operations to best support current / potential customers.
- Codify various Applications Engineering team processes and best
practices; maintain / update documentation on best practices.
- Act as SME in Echodyne's products and customer base with a
clear understanding of customer programs, purchases, and use
- Support Echodyne's partners/integrators with guidance on
application fit, radar positioning and integration efforts.
- Drive new business opportunities by supporting Echodyne Sales
team with presentations, demonstrations, and testing events.
- Assist in proposal development, review process and Q&A
sessions with potential customers and partners.
- Train current and potential customers on Echodyne products and
maintain / update training materials routinely.
- Manage regular customer feedback cadence and correlate various
feedback sources into coherent, prioritized points and identified
trends for Echodyne's VP and Director of Product Management.
- Coordinate Echodyne Applications Engineering resources in
support of external tests and demonstrations, including requesting
Engineering support if necessary.
- Analyze sensor data using a variety of scripting tools and
provide timely recommendations to customers.
- Work closely with Echodyne's Sales team to prioritize existing
and potential customer engagements.
- Travel in support of various field tests and represent Echodyne
at external tradeshows and demonstrations as needed.
Required skills / experience:
- Ability to hit the ground running by learning radar theory and
radar operations to support Echodyne Sales.
- Clear communication skills, including written and verbal. Best
if applicant has experience communicating with external personnel
as well as C-suite-level employees.
- Has trained groups of people, varied in size and experience, on
- Ability to learn, understand, and match technical requirements
with technical capabilities.
- Experience with basic data analysis leveraging scripting tools
(e.g., Python, MATLAB)
- Ability to win friends and influence people, both at Echodyne
and external to the company.
- Strong analytical, technical writing, and organizational
- Experience in managing a team.
- Travel required: 15-20%
Desired skills / experience (looking for one or more as a
compliment to the core skills):
- Experience representing customers and feeding customer requests
back into Engineering / Product Management.
- Experience working with federal agencies and/or the Department
- Experience working cross-functionally with an Engineering
- Ability to balance different priorities and products while
advocating for their team's needs.
- A strong background in IT (TCP/IP, networking, configuration
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix, software APIs, SDKs, and/or
C/C++/Python libraries to support integration into customer
- BS Degree in technical field preferred; advanced degree in
other subject may serve if practical experience shows competence /
- 5-7+ years of experience in related career fields, ideally
supporting software-centric products.
- Current passport in the event of international travel.
Echodyne's technology is export controlled by the U.S.
Government and we must evaluate an applicant's eligibility to
handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government
authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the
application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or
green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from;
select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off - Generous paid time off as long as business
objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets,
travel and more.
Keywords: Echodyne, Kirkland , Director, Applications Engineering, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!