Clinical Therapist, Outpatient
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Quality healthcare is our passion, improving lives is our
reward. Join us as we work to change lives and transform the
delivery of healthcare.
The Clinical Therapist for the Partial Hospitalization Program,
working within a bio-psychosocial model, provides the following
social services functions: facilitates therapeutic groups, leads
treatment planning, completes psycho-social assessments, conducts
crisis interventions, and provides basic consultation to patients
and families with information on mental health issues. The
therapist also participates in short term supportive family and
individual therapy, group therapy, and discharge planning,
including 1-2 individual and/or family meetings per week. The
therapist will facilitate 3-6 groups per day depending on PHP
census and will predominantly spend 6 hours per day (8:30am to 2:30
pm) in direct contact with patients. The therapist utilizes
evidence based practice within a psychodynamic therapeutic frame to
help patients achieve their optimal level of mental and emotional
Please apply to learn more!
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in
counseling or a related field of mental health.
- Three (3) years, post-Masters experience in a psychiatric
health care setting.
- Minimum (2) years, direct experience in individual and family
group therapies, crisis intervention, and treatment planning.
Strong clinical assessment skills required.
- Experience in facilitating groups preferred.
- Strongly preferred current full licensure in Washington State
for Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Mental Health
Counselor; minimum Associate License required.
- Full licensure must be achieved with two years of employment
and group supervision for licensure may also be available.
- Employee must be available weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
with some flexibility for evenings in the Intensive Outpatient
Program (5:30pm-8:30pm) and/or working to support the Inpatient
Hospital's clinical therapy needs (weekdays, evenings, and
weekends), as needed, when the Outpatient Program's census is
- As part of new hire orientation, employee will obtain CPR,
First Aid, Handle with Care, and Verbal De-Escalation certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience conducting family and group therapy with
strong knowledge of the most applicable techniques.
- Strong clinical assessment skills:
- Assess and identify psychosocial, educational, developmental
and behavioral functioning of the client/family system utilizing
- Transfer patients to and from inpatient level of care according
to safety needs and acuity.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention procedures.
- Facilitate safety plans for evenings and weekends, as needed,
on daily basis, according to patient safety and acuity.
- Document assessment update when there are significant changes
in client's condition.
Consult with families on emotional, social and financial aspects
- Conduct individual/couples/family supportive counseling
- Facilitate family meeting for all patients assigned.
- Facilitate 1:1 sessions with all assigned patients 1-2x per
- Develop an effective working relationship with client and/or
family - engagement, collaboration, advocacy, problem solving.
- Evaluate and document effectiveness of interventions and client
Comply with required standards for medical/legal reporting
situations (i.e. child abuse, dependent adult abuse, psychiatric
- Communicate effectively with referral sources, health care team
members, and community providers regarding client status and
- Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various
patient demographics (adolescent and adult).
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with professional ethics
according to professional and facility standards.
- Continued professional development and training.
- Knowledge of advocacy theory and techniques.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPECIAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to stand, or walk up to six hours, sit for up to two
- Ability to occasionally push/pull wheeled carts up to 200 lbs.
(i.e. crash carts, patients on stretchers or in wheel chairs).
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 10 lbs. (charts,
- Ability to see well enough to read written material.
- Ability to discern a variety of odors.
- Ability to handle hazardous/infectious waste on an occasional
- Ability to work in an environment where the noise level is
frequently high, where chemicals are frequently used for cleaning;
where mechanical and electrical hazards may occasionally be
present; and where dust, mist, and steam are frequently generated
in housekeeping tasks.
- Ability and knowledge of how to respond when exposed to blood
and bodily fluids.
- Ability to participate in the management of acutely agitated
patients consistent with Handle with Care and hospital
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Kirkland , Clinical Therapist, Outpatient, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!