Certified Coder-ProFee I - NOT a remote position-40 hrs/week
Company: Evergreen Healthcare
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Kirkland Campus Position - Not a Remote Position
Abstracts, analyzes, and assigns ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS codes and
appropriate modifiers for evaluation and management (E/M), minor
procedures, and diagnostic tests by using either computerized or
manual systems. Researches and resolves coding and reimbursement
issues to ensure the accuracy, quality, and integrity of coding and
billing practices. Effectively communicates with clinicians and
billing/coding teams regarding code changes and denials. Maintains
department defined quality and productivity standards.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Current professional coding credential: AAPC (Certified
Professional Coder [CPC], Certified Coding Associate [CCA],
Certified Outpatient Coder [COC]), PMI (Certified Medical Coder
[CMC]), or AHIMA (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician [CCS-P],
Certified Coding Specialist [CCS], Registered Health Information
Administrator [RHIA], Registered Health Information Technician
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Satisfactory completion of general coding skills
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10-CM, CPT,
and HCPCS coding conventions.
- Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology and disease
- General understanding of payer billing requirements.
DESIRED for the position:
- One year of professional coding experience in a multi-specialty
medical group setting
Keywords: Evergreen Healthcare, Kirkland , Certified Coder-ProFee I - NOT a remote position-40 hrs/week, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!