Director, Product Management, Google Play and Android Trust
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 15 years of product management or software engineering
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Public speaking (e.g., industry conferences, press interviews)
and social media experience.
- Experience with Google Play and Android.
- Experience with policy, user trust, or content management.
- Leadership experience with the ability to work well across
business units, building relationships in order to negotiate and
deliver on joint objectives and key results.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to operate with a high level of emotional quotient
- Ability to think innovatively, problem solve systematically,
collaborate cross-functionally, and work through to a solution to
- Ability to foster an inclusive and diverse environment where
everyone can be successful and can contribute at a high level.
About the job
Google Play gives you one place to find, enjoy and share your
favorite entertainment, from apps, games, movies, music, TV shows,
books and more. With more than 1 billion active users in 190+
countries around the world, Google Play is an important global
distribution platform for developers. Google Play offers a variety
of digital content for your devices, powered by the cloud, syncing
magically across all your devices and on the web.
Android, the world's most popular mobile platform with
approximately 3 billion monthly active devices worldwide, is
Google's open-source mobile operating system that powers
smartphones, tablets, TVs, set-top boxes, and cars. Starting as a
bold idea to advance open standards in mobile, the Android
ecosystem continues to grow and the pace of innovation has never
been greater, offering users choice and diversity. We're focused on
creating consistent, reliable and secure experiences within a
strong ecosystem, making them available to as many people as
As Director, Product Management, Google Play and Android Trust,
you will be responsible for being the "voice of the community,"
earning trust with the developer community through routine outreach
and engagement. In addition, this will at times include critiquing
our own decisions and challenging the product teams to do better.
The focus is particularly around articulating our approach to
Google Play and Android policies, framing them in the context of
the broader ecosystem, and being the voice back to the team about
how policy and enforcement are affecting the community.
- Be the face and voice of the Google Play and Android developer
ecosystems, with an emphasis on explaining challenging topics,
building community trust in solutions, and giving voice to the
needs of Android developers.
- Develop an exceptionally broad, active following on social
media among the developer community.
- Engage publicly through interviews, industry events,
conferences, and other forums.
- Maintain a high-level of trust and credibility with the
external community, internal partner teams, and Google Play and
- Collaborate across Business Development, Policy, Developer
Relations, Developer Experience, and Google Play teams to
articulate key challenges for developers and build a better Google
Play and Android experience.
Keywords: Google Inc., Kirkland , Director, Product Management, Google Play and Android Trust, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!