Electrical Design Engineer - Zero Emissions Job
Posted on: June 10, 2021
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF Trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty
trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR
designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides
customized financial services, information technology and truck
parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best
heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in
providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel
efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the
green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied
natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Kenworth's Zero Emissions department is seeking an Electrical
Engineer to join our team developing electric trucks. This
individual will develop electrical and electronic solutions for
Fuel Cell and Battery Electric zero emissions vehicles. The
successful candidate must initiate and coordinate design activities
to align with goals across multiple PACCAR Divisions. The ideal
candidate will deliver validated designs that continue to enhance
PACCAR's reputation as an industry leader in the development of
efficient and green solutions.
Here's what you will do in this role:
- Lead electrical component and system design, with a deep
understanding of electrical and electronic systems, and technical
requirements. Create and support the completion of technical
- Manage deliverables across multiple projects through all stages
of development (Definition, Concept, Engineering, and
Verification/Validation), and adapt job responsibilities within the
team to ensure successful completion.
- Directly support vehicle assembly, troubleshooting, validation,
and operation of field test trucks.
- Collaborate with colleagues and suppliers to provide a global
approach to designs and process, and maintain corporate
specifications where appropriate
- Proactively forecast and take steps to mitigate risks. Prepare
work estimates for time, resources & budget.
- Provide written and verbal reports on product development
progress, program objectives, department status to goals.
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and international)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of industry-related background in the design and
specification of automotive or HD truck components, preferably in
the field of electric vehicles.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally, ready to
learn and make use of new engineering processes and techniques. Be
resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven
ability to deliver technical presentations and written reports to
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to achieve timely
- Demonstrated initiative to develop solutions and drive to see
- Significant experience with advanced features in Microsoft
Excel, Project and PowerPoint preferred.
- Willingness to be hands-on, develop prototypes and support
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) disciplines and
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future
with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Paid Time Off - vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan
after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing
policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not
discriminated against because of their race, color, religious
creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status
or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and
other conditions of employment.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical
Engineering, Design Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering
Keywords: PACCAR, Kirkland , Electrical Design Engineer - Zero Emissions Job, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!