Staff Network Engineer
Posted on: June 9, 2021
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people.
Our cloudbased platform and solutions deliver digital workflows
that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees
and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and
making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in
significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve
approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of
FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help
us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged
workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about
their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design and deploy networks based on business and technical
- Partner with project and program managers to meet overall
timelines and resolution of issues.
- Operate and troubleshoot networks to identify and resolve
- Take a lead role in the engagement and mitigation of outage
causing events or issues.
- Validate problem descriptions and perform detailed problem
diagnosis; track and update problems in trouble-ticketing
- Perform non-critical investigations into functionality that is
not working as desired.
- Engage deeply in the sustainment function to proactively
analyze network parameters such as capacity and availability to
ensure issues are fixed before they cause an outage.
- Review, consult and prepare for planned change introduction to
- Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members
of the team including weekends.
- Partner with teams to plan and execute software code upgrades
and device maintenance.
- Partner with the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to
provide mentorship and input on operational process
- Provide feedback to infrastructure architects on design issues
or improvements and input into the design process for new
Sample first 6-month deliverables
- Quickly integrate into the environment and gain a solid
understanding of network architecture, organization, and
- Deploy capacity into a datacenter based on demand.
- Participate in incident bridges and serve as the networking
engineering resource to troubleshoot and mitigate outages.
- Take ownership of a minimum of two datacenters perform all
sustainment engineering functions.
- Partner with the SRE team to identify and solve one network
To be successful in this role you have:
- The candidate should have a solid foundation in networking
including routing, switching, security and load balancing.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies (e.g.
Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) across Windows and/or
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking.
- Azure Web Apps: developing, deploying, debugging and supporting
web applications using .NET, Java, PHP, Python, Node.js etc. on
Windows or Linux.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): using
DevOps, Bit Bucket, GitHub.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell,
shell scripts, Perl, Python, Ansible, Terraform) desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in working on Internet and
data center networks.
- Possess a solid understanding of and have experience with most
of the following network technologies: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, HSRP/VRRP,
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP protocols including
capturing and analyzing traffic with Wireshark and/or other
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS and JunOS operating systems
- F5 and Cisco ASA knowledge and experience strongly
- Experience with network monitoring applications such as EMC
Watch4Net, Cacti, Splunk is a plus.
- Ability to partner with peers who are globally distributed is a
key part of this role.
- Passion for customer experiences and focus on delivering high
- Strong communication skills and empathy for customers.
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran
status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application
process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use
this online application process and need an alternative method for
applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or
email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to
export control regulations, including Export Administration
Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing
approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All
employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export
license or other approval that may be required by the U.S.
Keywords: ServiceNow, Kirkland , Staff Network Engineer, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!