Company: Evergreen Healthcare
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Provides customer service and financial counseling which
includes working with patients regarding their financial ability to
pay and provides estimates/quotes to patients and physician's
office. Adheres to EvergreenHealth's Financial Clearance
Informs patients of hospital's financial policies and
Identifies the need for financial counseling.
Sets up payment arrangements with patients following
Provides price quotations/estimates for patients and physicians
in a timely and accurate manner and determines appropriate deposit
due at the time of service.
Responsible for point-of-service collections.
- Works with the third party Medicare eligibility vendor and
follows the referral process for self-pay patients based on
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills to effectively obtain
information from patients, physicians, other clients.
- Ability to function independently, organize work, multitask,
and establish priorities.
- Numerical ability is required to discuss financial arrangements
including deposit requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance payers and the use of electronic systems
for eligibility and verification
DESIRED for the position:
- Vocational training or college degree in the healthcare
- 2 year prior experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Working knowledge of insurances.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International
Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.
Keywords: Evergreen Healthcare, Kirkland , Financial Counselor-SEIU, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!