Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Court Evaluator represents the Hospital's position on
involuntary/civil commitment proceedings as outlined in RCW
- Clinically evaluates patients detained by a DMHP on an initial
120 hour hold and assesses whether additional inpatient
hospitalization is needed or whether a less restrictive option is
- Co-authors with attending provider14/90/180 day petitions for
- Provide expert witness testimony in court proceedings through a
combination of patient evaluation, medical chart review,
discussions with treatment providers and witnesses, and direct
examination/cross-examination from Prosecution/Defense
Education: Master's degree from an accredited college or
university in Social Work or related mental health field. Doctoral
(PhD/PsyD) degree in Psychology or related mental health field
- Preferred Five (5) years post-Master or three (3) years
post-Doctoral experience in a psychiatric health care setting.
- Strong clinical assessment skills required.
- Background in forensic or clinical work required.
Additional Requirements: Must be licensed in the state of
Washington as a Psychologist, Social Worker, or related mental
health field. Employee must obtain CPR, first aid, Handle with
Care, and Verbal De-Escalation certification upon hire. Be willing
and able to work at all location Kirkland, Everett, and Monroe.
Must be able to work 3 weekdays a month.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This section describes what knowledge an employee in this
position should currently possess. This list may not be complete
for all knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position
and are not written in a priority of importance.
- Strong clinical assessment skills:
- Assess and identify psychosocial, educational, developmental
and behavioral functioning of the client/family system utilizing
evidence based practice.
- Document assessment update when there are significant changes
in client's condition.
- Comply with required standards for medical/legal reporting
situations (i.e. child abuse, dependent adult abuse, psychiatric
- Communicate effectively with attorneys, health care team,
family members, and community providers regarding client status and
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with professional ethics
according to professional and facility standards.
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to organization policies
- Participate in performance improvement projects and activities
at the hospital.
- Continued professional development and training.
- Continue professional development
- Participate in conferences and workshops related to mental
- Ability to orient new colleagues and supervise student
- Proficiency in the following areas:
- planning and organizing
- time management - organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet
- computer skills - operate office equipment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and
- Ability to work as a team player
- Skills in telephone etiquette and paging procedures
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and
correspondence related to the work.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, be customer-service
oriented, show reliability and initiative, demonstrate tact,
resourcefulness, patience and dedication
Physical, Mental, and Special Demands:
This section describes how an employee in this position
currently performs the functions of this position. Modifications to
the manner in which this job may be performed will be reviewed on a
case by case basis.
- Ability to stand, or walk up to six hours, sit for up to two
- Ability to spend 20% of the workday outdoors in temperatures
varying from 30-100oF and 80% of the workday indoors in
temperatures varying from 60-85o
- Ability to occasionally push/pull wheeled carts up to 200 lbs.
(i.e. crash carts, patients on stretchers or in wheel chairs).
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 10 lbs. (charts,
- Ability to see well enough to read written material.
- Ability to discern a variety of odors.
- Ability to handle hazardous/infectious waste on an occasional
- Ability to work in an environment where the noise level is
frequently high, where chemicals are frequently used for cleaning;
where mechanical and electrical hazards may occasionally be
present; and where dust, mist, and steam are frequently generated
in housekeeping tasks.
- Ability and knowledge of how to respond when exposed to blood
and bodily fluids.
- Ability to participate in the management of acutely agitated
patients consistent with Handle with Care and hospital
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Other Work Aides:
This section describes those machines, tools, equipment, and
other work aides an employee in this position must be able to
- Computer and various software packages.
- FAX machine.
- Telephone, paging system, cell phone and voice mail.
- Copy machine.
- Medical Records.
- Policies, procedures, plans, resource materials and program
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Kirkland , Court evaluator, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!