Staff Software Engineer, Natural Language Processing
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience, or 8 years with an
- Experience with software development using Python.
- Experience with applied Natural Language Processing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a
related technical field.
- 15 years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with software development using C++.
- Experienced with Tensorflow or similar frameworks.
- Experience with computer vision models and approaches.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation
technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore,
and interact with information and one another. Our products need to
handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web
search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all
areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing,
large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security,
artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and
mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software
engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's
needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and
our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to
be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to
take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push
Google Cloud Document AI (DocAI) provides components and
solutions to enterprises for automating document workflows using
state-of-the art Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing.
Our team is at the forefront of reducing the tedium in paperwork
for consumers, enterprises, and institutions, and generally
organizing unstructured enterprise documents and making them
useful. This is a $5B and growing market with customers looking to
Google to lead in higher quality, and better integrated solutions.
Not to mention Document AI being a differentiating feature to bring
more customers to Google Cloud Platform in general.
Our team is responsible for exploring and developing algorithms
that extract structured information from documents and text, and
productionizing those algorithms to help both internal and external
users quickly build high-accuracy document processing
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure,
platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver
enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's
cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently
and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the
future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud
as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business
- Apply, design, and develop cutting-edge NLP methodologies for
entity extraction to convert unstructured documents into structured
- Develop the long-term strategy and roadmap for how DocAI can
adapt (fine-tune) its entity extraction solutions across domains
(document types). Balance long-term technology investments with
short-term core priorities.
- Communicate and collaborate broadly across multiple
stakeholders in DocAI and Research.
- Be involved, a deeply technical mentor, thought leader and
- Build and experiment with model architectures and features in
Tensorflow, data analysis and exploration. Design, implement and
maintain distributed, highly-available NLP components for
Keywords: Google Inc., Kirkland , Staff Software Engineer, Natural Language Processing, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!