Cost Accounting Manager Job
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Kenworth Division of PACCAR is hiring Cost Accounting Manager to
join the Controlling organization in our Kirkland, Washington
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty
trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR
also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides
financial services and information technology, and distributes
truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best
heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in
providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel
efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the
green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied
natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Kenworth is the first truck manufacturer to receive the
Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Air Excellence award in
recognition of its environmentally friendly products.
We are looking for a candidate with a solid base of accounting
skills and strong leadership and supervisory skills. Cost
Accounting Manager oversees Division Cost Accounting function with
an emphasis on margin analysis, month-end closing and financial
reporting. The position will directly supervise two staff members
and indirectly supervise three and will report to the Director of
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day and month-end activities of the Division
Cost Accounting team to ensure the preparation of timely, accurate
and meaningful margins, cost standards, material variance analysis,
cost applications and inventory valuations based on knowledge of
product, pricing, procurement and manufacturing systems. This
includes US and Canada consolidated financial information.
- Train, develop and retain a well-qualified Division Cost
accounting staff through recruitment, coaching and development
- Review and/or perform various monthly cost of sales journal
entries, general ledger reconciliations and account analysis.
- Direct the preparation of timely, accurate and meaningful cost
of sales forecasts and subsequent reviews against actuals.
- Drive the use of data analytic tools to identify cost of sales
- Analyze cost related reserves and other account balances to
ensure they are regularly reviewed and properly stated.
- Responsible for the review and/or preparation of monthly,
quarterly and year-end financial reporting statements/schedules
related to margins and/or cost of sales activities including
supporting internal and external auditors.
- Present margin analysis results periodically to
- Support cross-functional business needs working as a business
partner with Sales, Marketing and Operations to drive profitable
growth for the Division.
- Assist and/or direct assigned Division internal control reviews
including Sarbanes-Oxley documentation/testing and Internal Control
Assessment Program reviews including identifying potential risks
- Special projects as assigned, including periodic truck division
comparisons, technical accounting research related to new product
offerings, system related projects, and ad hoc reporting
Qualifications & Skills
- BS/BA Accounting Degree
- 7 + years of relevant accounting experience with increasing
- Strong computer skills in Excel (i.e. pivot tables, macros,
charts and graphs), Access (i.e. query building, report writing,
etc.) and data analytic tools (i.e. tableau, etc.)
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, emphasizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex accounting issues at an
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage
multiple projects from beginning to end
- Deadline-driven, self-motivated and customer service
- Ability to work independently, handling multiple tasks and
- SAP Experience
- 2+ years of supervisory / management experience
- Experience in manufacturing
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 Company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future
with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Paid Time Off - vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan
after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing
policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not
discriminated against because of their race, color, religious
creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status
or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and
other conditions of employment.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Medical, Accounting, Manager, SAP, Healthcare,
Finance, Management, Research, Technology
Keywords: PACCAR, Kirkland , Cost Accounting Manager Job, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!