Electrical Design Engineer Job
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Design and release of electrical and electronic components and
systems for heavy commercial truck.
- Integrate Engine, After Treatment, Transmissions and
ABS/ESP/ACC electrical/electronic features/requirements into
- Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain
schedule, budget, and functionality.
- Plan and track validation testing of components.
- Support product launch at vehicle assembly plants.
- Ensure industry leading quality and reliability is
met/maintained/exceeded on all components.
- Provide interface documentation to wiring design, system
architect(s), and mechanical design group.
- Contribute to development of procedures and practices that
ensure quality and reliable electric/electronic systems.
- As part of a new product development team, perform the design
and development of assigned elements of: wiring harnesses, routings
and guides system level schematics or other embedded electronic
- BSEE or equivalent engineering degree required.
- Desired: 3+ yrs design & release of automotive or commercial
vehicle electrical systems or industry-related background.
- Experience in design and application of automotive wiring
harnesses, automotive electronic control modules, switches, driver
input devices, and HMI elements.
- Experience in wiring design using Mentor Graphics. Knowledge of
DC power distribution, management, protection, fusing, and routing
systems, practices and tools desired.
- Proficiency using Requirements Management tools, Systems
Engineering tools, Pro/E or other 3D CAD software also
- Engineering knowledge of heavy duty commercial truck safety
systems, regulations, especially in the areas of: operating,
service, and performance environments.
- Experience creating engineering documentation including
preparation of component and harness drawings, diagrams, and
routings, responding to Requests for Engineering Information,
writing Engineering Change Notices, test coordination, support for
production, and customer service.
- Solid understanding of Design for Six Sigma and Six Sigma
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and
techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical
- Experience in product development and new product
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Facility with personal computer software including project
management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally and results
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Developer, Design Engineer,
Drafting, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: PACCAR, Kirkland , Electrical Design Engineer Job, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!