Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer, Infrastructure, Oracle, Google Cloud
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related
field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in Oracle including RAC, Dataguard,
backup/restores, ASM, performance tuning, AWR mining. Experience
with implementation, migration, common troubleshooting.
- 2 years of experience in enterprise cloud support.
- Experience reading and debuging code (e.g., Java, C, Python,
- Public cloud certifications or traditional Oracle
certifications. Experience with IaaS Solutions on public cloud,
on-premise or hybrid cloud computing.
- Experience supporting Oracle solutions on public cloud (i.e.,
OCI or similar).
- Experience collecting and analyzing common trace files,network
packet tracing, memory dumps, Oracle logs, RAC logs, analyze OS
metrics for network, memory, processing and IO
- Experience with Oracle deployment on Exadata and migration
to/from Exadata to traditional infrastructure.
- Experience with SQL database administration, Google App Engine,
open source software communities, Cloud networking solutions, or
- System/network administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government
seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them
along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for
customers to show how our products can make businesses more
productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a
cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators,
not to mention a variety of both regional and international
customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping
Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product
portfolio into companies around the world.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own our largest
and most important customer issues in addition to providing level
two support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a
global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly
make the switch to Google Cloud. You'll troubleshoot technical
problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system
administration, updating documentation, and when needed,
coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and
use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and
documentation. This will include a need to sometimes work
non-standard work hours or shifts. This may include weekend
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure,
platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver
enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's
cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently
and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the
future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud
as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business
- Understand customer impact, handle escalations through
diagnosis, troubleshooting, resolution on Google Cloud Platform
products through excellent customer management.
- Contribute to Supportability Engineering with product, Site
Reliability Engineering (SRE) and engineering to improve product
quality and reduce contact rate. Interact with SRE and Vendor teams
to drive high-quality response to outages and minimize impact on
customers, and improve support experience for Oracle-on-GCP by
developing best practices based on learnings from other
- Act as the subject-matter-expert for internal stakeholders in
engineering, Sales and external partners to resolve technical
deployment obstacles and improve Oracle interoperability with GCP
and other products.
- Work on a team that globally ensures 24-hour customer support.
This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours
- Learn GCP native databases and help customers migrate from
legacy to modern GCP databases.
Keywords: Google Inc., Kirkland , Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer, Infrastructure, Oracle, Google Cloud, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!