Senior FPGA Engineer
Posted on: June 8, 2021
HELP US BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION RADAR
It's not often you get the chance to change industries by
bringing truly breakthrough technology to market - technology that
not only disrupts existing markets but creates vast new ones. It's
hard and challenging work, but it's also exciting, energizing,
satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne's Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is
changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on
decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to
commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size,
Weight or Power.
Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying
cars. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a
new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution,
ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to
operate safely at any time and in any weather.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Senior FPGA Design
Engineer to develop FPGA-based solutions for Echodyne's MESA-based
products. Your responsibilities would include specification,
design, RTL coding, simulation, debug, verification and test, and
documentation of FPGAs used in Echodyne's MESA-based products.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a
team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is
talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a
disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do
not hesitate to let us know.
What you'll do:
- Develop FPGA-based solutions in VHDL and Verilog for Echodyne's
MESA products. Own your part of the system from start to
- Deliver your reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective
designs and products in a timely fashion
- Support department functional groups in defining product
features and requirements
- Work alongside radar, signal processing, hardware and software
engineers to implement platform functionality to meet specific
system control and signal processing needs.
What we're looking for:
- Senior-level experience in FPGA design and verification using
VHDL and Verilog
- Solid understanding of FPGA architectures (DSP, SOC), their
hardware/software interfaces, and memory interfaces (DDR, SRAM,
- Experience with SERDES and other high-speed communication
protocols in FPGAs
- Experience debugging FPGA-based hardware systems in a lab
- Experience working in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Ability to communicate your ideas, plans and designs to
- BS, MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
or equivalent with 7+ years' experience
Nice to have extras:
- Experience using Python to facilitate verification.
- Experience implementing RF or Radar systems, including radar
processing approach such as FFT filtering and threshold
- Understanding of sampling theory, digital filtering, and ADC
- Familiar with Matlab or equivalent.
Technologies & Tools we use (you don't need to know all of
- ModelSim, Quartus, MORE FPGA-specific stuff here.
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, Python,
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from;
select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off - Generous paid time off as long as business
objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets,
travel and more.
Keywords: Echodyne, Kirkland , Senior FPGA Engineer, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!