Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Cook/Diet Aide is responsible for the preparation of evening
meals for patients, and facility staff in accordance with approved
menus cycles and production sheets, providing assistance to the
morning cook for lunch service preparation; assists the Dietary
Manager with preparing for special functions and other special
events that may occur. Diet Aide responsibilities are included as
needed for the overall operation of the kitchen.
- Must have at least two (2) years experience in quantity
cooking, a basic knowledge of modified diets
- Training in food service sanitation and possession of food
service sanitation certification is required
- Experience utilizing industrial kitchen equipment and
- Some prior kitchen supervisory experience helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic therapeutic diets.
- Knowledge of basic food service sanitation.
- Knowledge of food portion and waste control.
- Knowledge of industrial kitchen operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and utensils, and skill in
- Knowledge of basic equipment repairs and adjustments.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet
- Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to cook in large quantities.
- Ability to perform office procedures in absence of the Dietary
- Ability to read menus and recipes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and
- Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various
patient age groups (youth, adolescent, and adult).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet corporate deadlines.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
- Ability to manipulate various kitchen equipment and
- Ability to read menus and recipes.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to stand and walk about the kitchen and facility
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and to push and pull up to
- Ability to work in temperatures ranging from -0F. to 100F. and
- Ability to stoop, kneel and bend daily.
- Ability to reach, twist and turn above and below the
- Ability to use both hands to accomplish assigned duties.
- Prepared to handle hazardous chemicals as needed.
- Ability to see, taste, smell and hear to assess products served
and produce a safe work environment.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Kirkland , Cook, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!