Company: Monolithic Power Systems
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Reporting to: Accounting Manager
The Senior Accountant is a key member of the MPS Finance and
Accounting Team and is responsible for the accuracy and integrity
of various ledger accounts, timely month-end close and financial
reporting activities, key controls and business processes, and a
variety of financial and analytical support activities for MPS and
its subsidiaries in Asia and Europe.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is
based in Kirkland, Washington.
- Leads day-to-day accounting activities and month-end close by
monitoring and reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing
journal vouchers, and providing management with timely and accurate
- Provides accurate and timely account coding for AP
- Maintain bookkeeping including payroll/expense reports, sales
commission and miscellaneous expenses for international operations
and assist in companywide consolidation.
- Responsible for annual US distributor audit including physical
count and POS audit.
- Proactively identifies and proposes accounting solutions for
new or unusual business transactions, and helps to ensure that the
day-to-day accounting is consistent with corporate accounting
policies, procedures and GAAP.
- Responsible for the monthly review of financial results and
variance analysis as compared to forecast, goal and last year for
- Responsible for monthly Balance sheet review and for resolution
of all outstanding issues.
- Back up support for Accounts Payable, and Payroll
- Provides ad hoc support to the finance team as needed
- Responsible for assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- BS/BA degree in accounting or related field
- US GAAP accounting knowledge with 3+ years' of accounting
experience, including Big 4
- CPA Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently with minimal
- Can effectively apply accounting knowledge to solve for
day-to-day operational needs as well as ad hoc projects
Keywords: Monolithic Power Systems, Kirkland , Sr. Accountant, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!