Senior Service Technician
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Our Company: The Bower Apartments
At LMC, it's all about the team. LMC is a very special place to
work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our
company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and
vitality. From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to
restoring historic locations, LMC Construction is proud of its
adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its
commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home.
Above all else, we are committed to quality, communication, and
integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints and communities, but we also
map out careers. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of
America's leading apartment developers and one of the top 2019 Best
Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Initiates maintenance of the community, including overall
inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of market-ready
community and other interior/exterior areas. May work as the team
lead, along with the other maintenance team members, to ensure the
community meets the quality maintenance standards set by LMC
Living. Assists the Service Supervisor with various projects and
may be required to stand in for Service Supervisor as
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests
for service, as well as routine upkeep of the community by
diagnosing the source or cause of a defect or problem, and making
repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety
standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment
homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out
inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed,
scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, and obtaining
supplies and materials.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials,
supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community's
maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items
to the established location, and notifying the Service Supervisor
about re-ordering needs.
- Completes paperwork timely and accurately so that service
requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Maintains the grounds, common areas, and amenities. Some
examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing
breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and
painting curbs and signage.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing
rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with
materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools
- Routinely conducts property inspections to identify safety and
risk management concerns and oversees work performed by
contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the
work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and
- Complies with the Company's safety and risk-management policies
by attending and participating in the Company's routine safety
meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety
related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and
incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and
others with respect, answering resident questions, responding
sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and
completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and
standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by
attending internal and external training classes, research and/or
subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or
utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and
professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to
areas of responsibility.
- Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and
other resources as needed and/or required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of four to six years of experience in property
management maintenance or equivalent experience
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for
refrigerant recycling. (Applies to Certified Service
- Associates must have all certifications as required by State
and Local jurisdictions. (Applies to both Certified and
Non-Certified Service Technicians.)
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and
must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance
of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment
and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication
skills in order to effectively interact with residents, associates,
and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and
requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving guest
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team
members and external visitors to the Company
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to
define and correct problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing
This is a position which requires the Senior Service Technician
to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment
homes, models and apartment communities. Must also have the ability
to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach,
lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. independently and 50 lbs.
with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular
travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as
needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other
situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the
daily responsibilities of this position. Must be able to work
inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat,
hail, wind, sleet).
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers, residents, and vendors.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and
customary for the industry.
- Associates must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which
includes "on-call" work shifts during evenings, weekends and
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive
listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Lennar, Kirkland , Senior Service Technician, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!