Kenworth Division of PACCAR is looking for a detail-oriented MRO
AP Accountant to join the Controlling organization in our Kirkland,
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty
trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR
also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides
financial services and information technology, and distributes
truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best
heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in
providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel
efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the
green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied
natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Kenworth is the first truck manufacturer to receive the
Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Air Excellence award in
recognition of its environmentally friendly products.
We are looking for a candidate with a solid base of accounting
skills, including working with SAP general ledger and Concur
expense report processing.
As a member of the General Accounting group, you will be part of
the Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO) Accounts Payable team
and will work directly with external suppliers, employees, and
across departments and divisions to provide accounts payable and
expense report accounting support. You will be responsible for a
variety of accounting services including processing transactions,
entering invoices, reconciling statements, following up on aging,
completing account reconciliations, and recording journal entries.
This position will provide the ideal candidate the opportunity to
work in a fast-paced environment with exposure to general ledger
accounting and accounts payable processing. The right candidate
will report to the MRO Accounts Payable Supervisor and assist in
identifying and implementing process improvement. This position
requires a team player with a high attention to detail and
excellent customer service skills, If you thrive in a fast-paced
environment, this is a great opportunity to join our team.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform manual three-way matching to ensure invoices are
matched with approved purchase orders and products/services
received; process invoices to ensure they are paid in accordance
with payment terms agreed with suppliers.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering team to review
tooling invoices to ensure appropriate approvals are in place;
process tooling invoices and ensure coding is correct based on
allocation within Paccar divisions.
- Review vendor statements regularly to ensure aged items are
- Regular review and internal reporting on the status of aged MRO
expenses. Drives follow up on aged items and resolutions.
- Prepare month-end invoice accrual journal entry and vacation
accrual journal entry in SAP. As well as month balancing of
- Perform accounts reconciliation for MRO accounts payable
clearing accounts and vacation accrual to ensure balances are
correct and accurate at each reporting period.
- Expense report processing.
- Assist in external audits by providing schedules requested for
MRO AP process.
- Identify areas for process improvement.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1 -3 years of relevant experience in AP process.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with a willingness
to work in a dynamic environment with time constraints.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple tasks within
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the
ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office tools, specifically
but not limited to Access, Excel, and Word.
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 Company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future
with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Paid Time Off - vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan
after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing
policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not
discriminated against because of their race, color, religious
creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status
or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and
other conditions of employment.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Medical, ERP, Engineer,
Accounting, Finance, Healthcare, Technology, Engineering