Corporate Counsel - Commercial Transactions (2021-019)
Company: Astronics Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Corporate Counsel will provide contract administration and
management support to the Aerospace Segment of Astronics
Corporation, including to subsidiaries located in Kirkland, WA,
Kent, WA, Everett, WA, Clackamas, OR and Waukegan, IL. This
includes provision of guidance and education to internal
stakeholders across the organization on business risk mitigation
and strategic issues. This role involves the negotiation of the
legal terms and conditions of contracts to ensure negotiated terms
comply with company policies. The Director of Contracts- Aerospace
work with customers and suppliers to reach consensus on contracts,
and will work with internal stakeholders to develop and execute
strategies to resolve contract disputes. The Director of Contracts-
Aerospace will analyze contractual rights and obligations, provide
an analysis of the associated risks and provide related advice to
address, manage and mitigate the risks identified. The successful
candidate will be expected to have the prerequisite skills and
experience to represent Astronics independently on significant
transactions, with strong communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Negotiation of long-term agreements and terms and conditions
for customer and supplier contracts through collaboration with
- Prepare MOUs, MOAs, NDAs, domestic and international
consultant/sales representative agreements and other contractual
- Analyze contracts to ensure they comply with state and federal
laws and regulations and internal company policies.
- Advise internal stakeholders and senior management on
contractual rights and obligations and the interpretation of terms
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze,
summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding strategies,
practices and procedures.
- Draft contract letters and other communications and
- Participate in management review of proposals/contracts and in
the conduct of program reviews.
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead negotiation team on
complex contractual issues.
- Analyze new laws, regulations, and contract trends for
potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Provide authoritative guidance to internal business teams on
corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Advise management on legal risks, strategies for resolution of
disputes and other liability mitigation matters.
- Facilitate and negotiate contract settlements.
- Serve as focal point for all communication with law, finance
and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new
contract policy and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of export license applications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Astronics Corporation, Kirkland , Corporate Counsel - Commercial Transactions (2021-019), Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!