Assistant Store Manager
Company: Bartell Drugs
Posted on: June 6, 2021
EDUCATIONAL, CERTIFICATE and LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equalivent required. Some college
- Mimimum of 2 years prior retail management experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Washington state Food
EXPERIENCE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- Frequent reaching at all levels to stock shelves and/or operate
a cash register. Frequent repetitive hand movements and fine finger
manipulation to operate a cash register. Occasional repetitive arm
movement to stock shelves. Constant handling and grasping of
merchandise, containers, cartons, and/or money.
- Must frequently bend or stoop to stock below waist-height
shelves and to remove merchandise from carts. Crouching, twisting,
or pivoting at the waist and kneeling or squatting to low shelves
- Must be able to frequently lift 20-40 lbs. from floor to chest.
Frequently lift 1-2 lbs. from floor to 7 feet.
- Must frequently carry 1-2 lbs. for 5 to 10 feet. Occasionally
carry 20 to 40 lbs. for 15 feet.
- Must be able to push/pull 25 to 40 lbs. of force
- Must on occasion climb ladder or step stool.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with walks of
short distances at a brisk pace.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, percentages and dollars.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend
- Must be able to operate a handtruck, grocery cart, stock carts,
electronic cash register, pricing guns, box crushers, box cutter,
conveyor belt, Camera department computer, MSI ordering machine,
telephone, intercom, and various POS equipment where
Primary Objective: Assists the Store Manager in the operation of
a profitable, safe, and clean retail drugstore. The Assistant
Manager will enforce company policy/procedures, protect company
assets at all times, and insure that each Bartell Drug Company
associate in their store shows excellent customer service. In the
absence of the Store Manager the Assistant will have full authority
to supervise all facets of store operations. This individual has
the authority after consulting with Human Resources to make
suggestions and recommendations regarding the hiring and firing of
employees. The Assistant Store Manager will make discretionary
decisions that affect the general operation of their store and is
responsible for maintaining positive employee and customer
relations at all times.
Reports to: Store Manager
Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered
- Must properly execute refunds and exchanges in a positive and
timely manner in order that good customer service levels are
maintained. Insure customers are acknowledged and assisted with
their needs quickly and courteously.
- Must assist the Store Manager in maintaining balanced inventory
levels of clean, salable goods. Must be familiar with current ad
products, prices and locations at all times to assist customers in
locating the merchandise.
- Must provide product and service information as needed.
- Must set a professional example by enforcing policies such as
attendance, proper dress and grooming code, customer service,
proper cash handling, consistent documentation of employee's
performance and maintain reasonable control of expense items.
- Must assist the Store Manager in creating and maintaining good
morale through an Open Door Policy, constant two-way communication,
cooperation, proper delegation, and effective on-going training of
all store personnel. The Assistant has the authority to direct the
work of all employees except for the technical aspects relating to
the practice of Pharmacy.
- Must be willing to deal with issues in a tactful, courteous and
- Must check work schedule daily to insure proper coverage and to
assign daily job duties.
- Must cooperate with and support employees in the implementation
of their daily job duties.
- Must compute totals on payroll sheets accurately and in a
timely manner to insure that the sheets are received in the
corporate office when due.
- Must properly institute the standards set forth in the Bartell
Merchandising Guide to successfully attain budgeted
- Must maintain a timely response to ad counts when requested and
ordering of warehouse merchandise. Must be able to communicate well
with outside vendors to insure proper stock levels, and merchandise
- Must insure daily cash deposits, petty cash funds, Metro,
stamps, and each registers cash flow are securely handled. Insure
that cash drops are performed in a timely manner during the course
of the day.
- Must assist in doing the daily store reports when
- Must on occasion, as needed operate a cash register to itemize
and total customers' purchases. Record prices and total sales
transactions. Accurately collect cash, checks or charge payments
from customers. Correctly count change and account for all money in
the cash drawer. Properly complete forms and paperwork.
- Must properly set store alarm and secure store at the close of
the day when require
- Must be courteous and maintain professional interpersonal
communication skills with customers, store staff and
- Must handle refunds/exchanges effectively and timely.
Keywords: Bartell Drugs, Kirkland , Assistant Store Manager, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!