Software Engineering Manager, Engineering Productivity
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management
- Programming experience in one of the following: Java, C++ or
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks,
increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health
and building developer tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related degree.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of
hands-on technical leadership and people management
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of
scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer
(SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the
technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to
major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only
optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize
theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute
to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all
across the company, in areas such as information retrieval,
artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed
computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data
compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing
every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software
engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide
With technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers
across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and
oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire
people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take
on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on
millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only
revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability
and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new
platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to
Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are
changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers focused on improving
developer velocity, scalability and testability of the Google's
diverse project areas and platforms.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle
including design, implementation and delivery of scalable
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure
for Google, focusing on productivity, testing and release.
- Define the team strategy and roadmap for the adoption of
developer tools and test infrastructure for one or more
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular
Keywords: Google Inc., Kirkland , Software Engineering Manager, Engineering Productivity, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!