Value Analysis Coordinator-Materials Mgmt/Purchasing-40 hrs/week
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Provides the organization with oversight of clinical products
review and evaluation process in support of the supply chain
management function. Leads the establishment and ongoing
facilitation of the organizations clinical product evaluation and
standardization committee along with value analysis processes and
structures. Works with teams and individuals, to include physicians
and clinicians representing all departments. Areas of particular
interaction include cardiology, Perioperative services, diagnostic
imaging and inpatient nursing care.
1. Evaluates product usage in clinical and operational support
2. Discerns opportunities to standardize clinical equipment,
products and services across all entities and business units.
3. Investigates apparent inappropriate utilization of products and
services and reports information to the appropriate parties or
4. Serves as a liaison between Supply Chain and Education
Department with regard to new product introductions.
5. Collects data and draws conclusions from product evaluations to
determine clinical acceptability of products and services obtained
for evaluation purposes.
6. Researches, determines, and reports root causes of problems
associated with new or existing products.
7. Works extensively with clinicians, physicians, Supply Chain,
associates, department directors, vendors and Service Line leaders
on product standardization and material use evaluation
8. Develops product evaluation tools and techniques to rapidly
assess and evaluate the clinical appropriateness of products
9. Performs or engages Financial Services in life cycle cost and
benefit cost analyses to substantiate decisions in product
10. Coordinates in-service education and training programs
associated with appropriate use of new or existing products.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
* Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and
* 3 years of experience working in or with clinical areas
(perioperative or cardiology) with providers and clinicians
* Advanced skills to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
DESIRED for the position:
* Previous purchasing or materials management experience
* Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse licensed in WA
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
* Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) from the
Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management
* Value Analysis Certificate from Association for Healthcare Value
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Value Analysis Coordinator-Materials Mgmt/Purchasing-40 hrs/week, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!