EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Cardiovascular &
Neurosurgical RN to join a well-established dynamic team on the
31-bed Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit (CVNS).
Benefit Highlights: We offer a full comprehensive range of
benefits and relocation assistance.
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits and Retirement
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education/ Tuition
- Employee Assistance program
Enjoy your career at an award-winning, hospital in a locale that
will have you wondering why you ever chose to live anywhere
Come join the EvergreenHealth team, where we consistently earn
top honors for patient care and continually look for new and
innovative ways to improve.
Be part of a team where you can make a difference, all while
enjoying the quality of life that the Seattle area provides.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients
within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
This RN must have Progressive Care & Telemetry patient care
The CVNS unit is an Intermediate Acute Care, post- procedural
unit and the designated stroke patient care team.
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care,
incorporating patient and family/significant other into the
- Participates with physician partners and other
interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and
family/significant other plan of care.
- Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g.,
patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment,
quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
- Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a
timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance,
punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective
performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and
for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon)
- Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with
organizational policy, goals and values.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of
employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of
- Current ACLS certification by date of hire
- Minimum of one-year progressive care nursing experience
DESIRED for the position:
Additional Pay for BSN, MSN and PCCN
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association
(WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHeath is committed to providing the highest quality of
care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor
of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the
quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a
commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN
within 5 years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does
not apply to current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1,
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit the