The Staffing Coordinator is responsible for the centralized
scheduling of Nursing Department Personnel, organizes and maintains
records, logs related to work schedules, and provides
administrative and clerical support to Nursing and Clinical
Programs. Additional functions include stocking ADL supplies on
units and coordinating student and staff orientation.
Education: High school graduation is required. Completion of
basic clerical or medical/clerical course is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience in a clerical
See attached Criteria Based Performance Evaluation Tool
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AN
EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY POSSESS. THIS LIST MAY
NOT BE COMPLETE FOR ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
FOR THIS POSITION.
- Knowledge of general clerical procedures and excellent spelling
and math skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of computers and software programs (i.e. Word, Excel,
- Knowledge of data entry techniques.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet
- Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of
- Ability to prioritize heavy workloads.
- Ability to write neatly and legibly.
- Ability to perform accurately in a high level stimulated
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and
- Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various
patient age groups (adolescent, adult and youth).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and work at a rapid pace is
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES HOW AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION
CURRENTLY PERFORMS THE FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION. MODIFICATIONS TO
THE MANNER IN WHICH THIS JOB MAY BE PERFORMED WILL BE REVIEWED ON A
CASE BY CASE BASIS.
- Hand and finger dexterity for the use of computer
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to eight (8)
hours at a time.
- Ability to move flexibly is required in filing and retrieving
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, lift, bend, stoop, twist, pull and
push is required.
- Visual acuity is needed for accurate communication of
departmental and medical information.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND OTHER WORK AIDES:
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES THOSE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND
OTHER WORK AIDES AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION MUST BE ABLE TO
- Computer, printer, camera, and various software packages.
- Copy machine.
- Telephone and paging systems.
- Policies, procedures, plans, programs and manuals.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or