Front End Manager
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ensures that all customers receive fast, friendly, accurate
checkout service by passionately implementing the spirit of
customer first, second to none. Manages and schedules duties of
Front End Clerks, Courtesy Clerks, Customer Service Clerks, Head
Clerks, Bookkeepers and all other Front End Management. Oversees
the completion of daily cash, balancing, reconciliation and payroll
reports, while supporting store sales and overall operating
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints. Promotes Company's philosophy of personalized
- Provides fast, friendly, courteous and excellent customer
services, handles customer relations, performs checking duties and
supervisor functions on cash registers when necessary, and engages
in suggestive selling and other sales techniques. Serve as overflow
cashier as necessary.
- Directs and supervises front end activities including:
monitoring customer traffic and service level, coordinates and
implements front end and service programs, ensures cleanliness,
safety and appearance of Front End physical area, and monitors
inventories and ordering Front End supplies and merchandise.
Ensures front end is operational and that it projects a positive
- Handles and is accountable for cash flow and controls
including: safe transactions, issues and pick-ups, cash register
tills, approving checks, rain checks and refunds, and monitoring
checker money handling procedures. Handles scan system emergency
procedures, UPC codes not on file, hard to scan UPC codes, scan
pricing errors and system failures and other emergencies.
- Assists with the interviewing and hiring of front end and
courtesy clerks. Trains front end management, front end and
courtesy clerks and monitors their compliance. Supervises employees
assigned, makes recommendations for employment status changes and
discipline to Store Director.
- Responsible for achievement of budget goals for labor, cash
variation, check expense and supplies.
- Responsible for cost and quality control and maintaining a
constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
- Enforces dress and grooming standards for all employees.
- Responsible for compliance to company policies, procedures and
applications in the Front End.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties as directed or
PHYSICAL AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication, leadership, team building and
interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under
- Ability to deal with the public and project a positive
- Frequently lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time. Ability to
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot PCs and checkstand
equipment such as printers, scales, public announcement equipment,
scanners, and cash registers.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques, basic employment law,
computer software and the analytical ability to handle
administrative details such as planning and scheduling.
- Ability to supervise. Ability to analyze and gather facts for
recommending disciplinary action and make hiring decisions.
- A good understanding of Company practices and in-depth
understanding of Front End policies and procedures, and the ability
to judge and react to business activity.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities. Knowledge of product variety and
perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and department
policies and procedures.
- Ability to present a positive image to the public.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment
and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store
environment. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with
- Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect
the safety or health of the employee performing the task or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of
personnel so classified.
Keywords: Safeway, Kirkland , Front End Manager, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!