PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF Trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty
trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR
designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides
customized financial services, information technology and truck
parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best
heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in
providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel
efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the
green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied
natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Kenworth's Zero Emissions department is seeking a Mechanical
Engineer to join our Outerbody development team. This individual
will develop new aerodynamic products that support PACCAR's lineup
of advanced efficiency vehicles. The successful candidate can
translate vehicle performance goals into concepts and develop
designs through to production implementation. You will coordinate
and execute design activities across multiple divisions of PACCAR
to meet program goals. The ideal candidate will lead designs to
deliver key technologies and production solutions that continue to
enhance PACCAR's reputation as an industry leader in the
development of efficient and green solutions. Take advantage of the
opportunity to see your designs making a difference!
Here's what you will do in this role:
- Provide technical leadership on the design and development of
Outerbody components, including coaching and mentoring, review and
approval for technical documentation.
- Ability to manage deliverables across multiple projects,
providing guidance on the application of specific tools and or
- Translate vehicle performance and goals into functional
concepts utilizing Creo Parametric.
- Work closely with the Industrial Design and Styling groups to
develop new vehicle exteriors.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to analyze and
validate designs with FEA, CFD, and durability testing.
- Create rapid prototypes to quickly evaluate and or validate
- Employ Design for Six Sigma and engineering tools to develop
and validate designs
- Manage implementation of product changes by tracking project
schedule, budget, and functional requirements throughout the entire
life of the project
- Work closely with multiple PACCAR divisions
- Manage multiple priorities and goals simultaneously
- Travel up to 10%
Qualifications & Skills:
- BSME or equivalent engineering degree required; Masters and PE
license is a plus
- 4-7+ years industry-related background in the design and
specification of heavy-duty trucks is a plus
- Extensive 3D modeling software experience required (Creo
Parametric specific knowledge is a plus). Ability to teach others.
Direct experience modeling with surfaces desired.
- Past experience in product development and new product
- Working knowledge of sheet metal, composite panels, and
polymers/elastomers and their manufacturing processes a plus.
- Competency in the use of personal computer software including
project management tools
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply Design for Six Sigma and Six
Sigma techniques. Resource for fellow team members.
- Ability to perform in a lean, fast-paced, results-oriented
environment, while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability
to clearly present status updates
- Willingness to learn and make use of new engineering processes
and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidates should have a willingness to grow personally and
professionally and be results oriented.
- Manufacturing plant experience desirable
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future
with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Paid Time Off - vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with company match, AND a company paid pension plan after
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing
policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not
discriminated against because of their race, color, religious
creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status
or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and
other conditions of employment.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Product
Development, Mechanical Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering,