RN WSNA- NICU Level III - (24 hrs/wk, Nights)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Recent Level III NICU RN experience required, minimum of
two (2) years strongly preferred.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients
within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care,
incorporating patient and family/significant other into the
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary
team members to develop and implement patient and
family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient
information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality
issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a
timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance,
punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective
performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and
for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon)
timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with
organizational policy, goals and values.
9. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this
position in support of the organization.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
Current Healthcare Provider PALS certification by date of hire (RNs
working in Pediatrics only)
NRP certification within 4 weeks of hire
DESIRED for the position:
BSN or MSN
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association
(WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of
care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's
of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the
quality of care.
Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to
begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five
years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not
apply to current EvergreenHealth RN's hired prior to April 1,
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , RN WSNA- NICU Level III - (24 hrs/wk, Nights), Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!