Posted on: May 3, 2021
***Additional locations can be considered if in the Effectv
Job Summary • As a Media Planner, you will be responsible for
partnering with our internal and external sales teams by developing
strategic cross platform media plans and avails that optimize yield
principles and demonstrate an understanding of the Client
objective. Your role will consist of all pre-sales activities, from
receipt of the rfp, pricing and building campaigns, assisting with
the internal negotiation process as well as guiding sales through
the close of deals. Qualified candidates for the position will be
critical thinkers, possess strong qualitative and analytical
skills, and demonstrate the ability to multitask and prioritize in
a fast-paced environment.
Facilitates the selling of advertising by providing plans that
meet the needs of assigned client and sales partners
by targeting and appealing to important clients,
industries and market segments.
- Creates proposals across different media platforms adhering to
all rate cards such as: Linear (Market & National), Linear
Addressable, VOD, IP/OTT, Digital Display, and Native/X1
- Conducts proper analysis to determine optimal inventory to
deliver on client goals, customizing for specific target audiences
- Advises upon pre-empt notices, overall reporting, and other
related inventory information.
- Proactively develops alternative recommendations when Client
inventory/spec requirements cannot be met
- Applies previous campaign learnings to consistently improve
schedule building over time
- Demonstrates an expertise in our systems and tools (inventory,
rate generation, Strata, etc.), and provides feedback for areas of
potential improvement. Works with other departments as
necessary to achieve these improvements.
- Maintains all necessary trackers, spreadsheets, reports, and
account information specific to account list.
- Executes budget revisions, including incremental spends and
cancellations, as needed.
- Gathers and summarizes marketplace intelligence relative to
sales and programming. Generates, tracks and distributes sales
- Collaborates cross functionally with varying departments, such
as Ad Ops, Campaign Management, Sales, Research, Sales Development,
Business Operations, and Finance etc. to help support all business
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred & Desired Experience, Skills &
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Generally, requires 1-3 years related experience in
media/planning buying industry
- Proficiency in media math and terminology is advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive approach towards day to day tasks along with a
creative approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of media planning/buying software such as STRATA View
Employees at All Levels Are Expected
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Kirkland , Media Planner, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!