Electrified Vehicle Power Electronics System Engineer
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Company Information:PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established
in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the
commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with
internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and
DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design,
manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-,
and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF
nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel
engines, provides financial services and information technology,
and distributes truck parts related to its principal
business.Whether you want to design the transportation technology
of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic,
international leader, or build our excellent products and services
- you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get
started!Kenworth Truck Company:Kenworth Truck Company is the
manufacturer of The World's Best-- heavy and medium duty trucks.
Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology
solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
The company's dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic
trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium
duty diesel-electric hybrids. Kenworth is the first truck
manufacturer to receive the Environmental Protection Agency's Clean
Air Excellence award in recognition of its environmentally friendly
products.Kenworth is establishing a team dedicating to bringing
electrified powertrains to production at PACCAR. We are a part of a
global PACCAR effort where your design work will be used worldwide
and contribute to PACCAR's success globally. We're looking to add
engineers to the team that are both knowledgeable of electric
powertrain design and motivated to contribute to a new generation
of vehicles at Kenworth and PACCAR globally.This position is within
the Electrical Engineering department at Kenworth and involves
defining next-generation powertrain electronics. Including
investigative, development, and coordination activities. This team
is the lead power electronics for Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV)
and other alternative fueled vehicles. We will interface with other
teams at PACCAR developing other related systems as well as be the
point team leading to integrate them into Kenworth truck models.Job
Functions / Responsibilities:
- Define requirements, Evaluate and select power electronics
appropriate for battery powered Kenworth trucks.
- Define integration requirements and lead the implementation
into medium and heavy duty trucks.
- Lead benchmarking activities, technology evaluation, and
participate in development of validation standards for responsible
- Drive chosen BEV partners to meet program schedules and
- Integrate systems into Kenworth truck models including
packaging, system compatibility, and High Voltage (HV) wiring.
- Help develop new Corporate Standards appropriate for HV
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, tools, and methods
through interaction with universities, national labs and
- Coordinate efforts with lead teams at other PACCAR divisions to
ensure a successful global launch of BEV power electronics.
Includes interfacing with PACCAR Technical Center, Peterbilt, DAF
and PACCAR purchasing.
- Communicate results and progress to team and stakeholders on a
regular basis and facilitate technology transfer between PACCAR
- Strong interest in working on next generation electrified
drivetrains and vehicles.
- Five years of experience in electric powertrain
- In-depth experience with electric powertrain controls and or HV
system integration including HV wiring design.
- Background in system-level requirements development, component
selection, integration, performance, and validation.
- Familiarity with electric powertrain simulation tools.
- Experience as a contributor to global, cross-functional
technical project teams.
- Previously demonstrated resourcefulness, strong technical
knowledge, analytical capability, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, be a self-starter and have
demonstrated high levels of initiative and innovation.
- Travel up to 15% possible.Education Required:Bachelor's degree
in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics,
Chemical Engineering or Engineering Physics. Master's degree in
similar fields and Professional Engineering (PE) license
Keywords: PACCAR, Kirkland , Electrified Vehicle Power Electronics System Engineer, Other , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!