Veterans Preferred - Staff Linux Systems Administrator-Federal
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Company Description
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our
cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that
create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and
the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making
an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and
important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately
80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE
World's Most Admired Companies.-
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us
build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce,
and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about
their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Contribute to Configuration Management and Infrastructure as
Code for ServiceNow's global private cloud.
work and improve customer maintenance experience.
- Drive enhancements and bugfixes for large scale automation
projects such as patching, provisioning, and kickstart
- Design and implement procedure to accomplish maintenances where
automation and tooling cannot; drive resolution of root causes with
internal team members.
- Prepare new ServiceNow products and services for production
readiness with design review, feedback to engineering teams,
training, and testing.
- Use broad knowledge and experience of systems administration
and networking principles to proactively prevent and address
incidents while constantly improving documentation.
- Participate in escalations and Root Cause Analysis of issues in
both US Federal and global Commercial infrastructures.
- Troubleshoot database backup and restore failures as well as
perform database migrations.
- Support operation of a wide variety of infrastructure services
including Machine Learning and Prediction, Cloudera Big Data
clusters, Kafka and RabbitMQ messaging, database encryption, E-Mail
infrastructure at scale, DNS, Puppet, Elasticsearch, F5 BigIP, and
To be successful in this role you have:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems
administration and engineering, understanding of the components of
a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS,
applications, databases, networks, web and application servers.
Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and
managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or
MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a
- Capability to obtain a favorable US Public Trust Position
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB, or similar
technologies; proficiency preferred
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting in a production
environemnt covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing,
switching and load balancing. F5 and NGINX experience is
- Experience with performance and availability monitoring,
analysis, and configuration management platforms (e.g.
Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Ansible, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk,
Logstash) is desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to
incident, problem and change.
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in
a collaborative team environment.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran
status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of
the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to
access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email
protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export
control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations
(EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from
the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is
contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other
approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly
common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to
protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found
through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Videos To Watch
Keywords: ServiceNow, Kirkland , Veterans Preferred - Staff Linux Systems Administrator-Federal, IT / Software / Systems , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!