Senior Software Engineer
Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: June 24, 2020
Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob DetailsAs a member of the
Engineering Services Reliability team, you will be using your
software development skills to design and build systems and
services to modernize our engineering infrastructure to make the
product development experience at Tableau the best in the industry.
You will help us build the future for our Continuous Integration
and Code Management experiences and work cross-team to implement
them. If you love decoding complex systems, designing intuitive
service interfaces, and exploring innovative ways to improve
developer experience and optimize engineering operations, you will
feel right at home.
You will be leverage your creativity and experience to create new
features and services that satisfy customer needs and extend their
ability to see and understand their data.
What you'll be doing...
- Design, implement, and own well running, supportable
- Collaborate with Tableau's product development teams to
understand and aid our customers.
- Create maintainable, well tested services and tooling using
languages such as Python, Java, and Go.
- Establish development and design patterns that enable the next
generation of service infrastructure.
- Support an ecosystem of continuous integration and delivery
pipeline tooling, through integration and automation.
- Manage, create and integrate a wide-range of tools and services
designed to speed-up and facilitating the development
- Monitor the health, reliability and performance of Tableau's
Engineering Services, detecting issues quickly and driving quality
improvement over time.
- Review and provide detailed feedback on documentation and test
plans for features.
Who you are...
- Technical. You have strong software design and implementation
skills, and you have a knack for abstracting 'hairy' problems
behind simple interfaces. You are comfortable in different
languages and environments.
- Big Thinker. You can see the big picture, think at scale, and
are willing to make bold choices.---You think big and fail
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from your
colleagues, teaching, and working through others to get things
- Motivated to Learn. You have an insatiable curiosity and have a
need to understand exactly how things work.
- Customer-focused. You work to understand developer needs and
work backwards from there to achieve goals.
- Care Deeply about Software Quality. You are passionate about
designing and building solid Continuous Integration, Code
Management, Build, and Test tools that allow developers to produce
and test high quality code. You believe in automation and writing
tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in
product and services.
- DevOps Mindset. You are familiar with Site Reliability
Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they
are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to
manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large
development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- Automator. You leverage automation, monitoring, and data
analysis to ensure operational excellence for our internal services
- Builder and Integrator. You have a track record of building
things when you need to, picking the right existing tools, and
elegantly integrating them.
- Broad Platform Experience. You have strong skills or interest
in creating systems to run on multiple platforms (Windows, macOS,
Linux), on-premises and in AWS, and a variety of database
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult challenges
and know how to get to the best solution.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Java,
Python, or C++)
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability
applying for open positions please contact theSalesforce.com
Recruiting Department.Posting StatementSalesforce.com and
Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age,
marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs
through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and
Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency
resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any
third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement
with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Keywords: Tableau Software, Kirkland , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!