Chief HR Officer
Company: YouthCare Seattle
Posted on: October 21, 2019
Diversity Recruiters is working in conjunction with YouthCare to
fill this role.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer / Executive
Director, the Human Resources Officer serves as a strategic
business partner and is responsible for the overall management of
the human resource systems and practices for the organization. This
includes providing counsel on organizational development, procedure
and policy interpretation, development of recruiting and retention
strategies, proactive management of employee relations issues, and
as well as understanding of federal, state and local employment
laws. This individual is expected to operate with sufficient
independence to ensure objectivity and fairness for employees while
supporting the organization's mission, vision, and values.
Organizational Development / Department Operations:
- Collaborates on the development of programs, procedures, and
guidelines to help align personnel with the strategic goals of the
- Prepares a wide variety of complex written materials related
specifically to the human resources division (e.g. plans, budgets,
funding requests, investigative reports, analyses, recommendations,
procedures, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and
issues, meeting compliance requirements, providing audit
references, making presentations, and/or providing supporting
materials for requested actions.
- Guides management and employee actions by developing writing
and updating company policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
and communication and enforcing organization values in compliance
with all legal and organizational requirements, standards, and
- Consults and advises senior leadership on a wide variety of
sensitive personnel issues (e.g. discipline, hiring, promotions,
return to work, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in effective
decision making and enforcing all relevant policies, procedures and
- Administers a wide variety of personnel policies, processes and
employment agreements (e.g. recruitment, selection, hiring,
orientation, compensation schedule, etc.) for the purpose of
conforming to agency policies, relevant laws, contracts and
- Provides leadership as a key collaborator on with the
development and administration of organizational initiatives
related to staff engagement/appreciation, cultural competency,
safety, and others.
- Manages Human Resources department staff. Ensures that HR
processes such as records management, leave of absences, benefit
and salary administration processes and procedures are developed
and performed in compliance with all legal and organizational
requirements, standards, and procedures.
- Manages employee relations practices necessary to maintain a
positive employee-employer relationship and a high level of
employee commitment and satisfaction.
- Oversees YouthCare's employee engagement initiatives and with
executive leadership create programs to positively impact
individual and corporate results.
- Manages the design, administration and ongoing evaluation of
all compensation and benefits programs. Review audits and approve
salary transactions according to applicable procedures. Counsels
and advises management regarding salary planning/compensation and
regards to internal equity, promotions, reclassifications,
- Addresses and resolves employee issues promptly, effectively,
and objectively while complying with applicable laws and policies.
Applies an understanding of key legal precedents, policies, and
practices to protect the interest of YouthCare. Keeps senior
management informed of any potential escalating HR issues to ensure
- Supports the Performance Assessment, employee development,
planning and evaluation processes for staff; ensure that
performance reviews and evaluations are in place, timely and in
Recruitment and Hiring
- Oversees recruitment and selection practices to ensure the
greatest number of highly qualified candidates referred for each
open position, ensures interview and selection techniques are in
compliance with organization policy and procedures, as well as
applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitors a variety of processes for the purpose of ensuring
efficient processing of applicants and employees in addressing
position requirements and complying with licensing, legal and/or
- B.A Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or
- Minimum of 10 years HR experience and a minimum of 5 years
progressively responsible Human Resources experience preferably
with non-profit organizations. Must have understanding of and prior
HR department's role in organizational development.
- Broad knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws,
practices and procedures, and current best practice pertaining to
personnel administration and development.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate policies and operations and
formulate recommendations. Ability to investigate complex human
resources management problems.
- Must demonstrate excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving
and organizational skills. Strong attention to detail and
follow-through required. Proven ability to communicate effectively,
both verbally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities, and have previous
experience working independently and managing multiple tasks and
- Ability to establish and build effective working relationships
with leadership, co-workers, and the general public. Acceptance of
a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel,
and experience using HR databases, preferably Sage HR Management.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract
requirements including but not limited to DSHS background check and
must be at least 21 years of age. This description is not intended
to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that
works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of
the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific
responsibilities listed in this description.
Keywords: YouthCare Seattle, Kirkland , Chief HR Officer, Human Resources , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!