Posted on: March 20, 2023
Title: Payroll Specialist Reports to: Director of Payroll & HR
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 depending on experience Position Summary:
Weidner Property Management is committed to teamwork, through a
spirit of honesty, trust and mutual respect. While this job
description is complete, some responsibilities may not be
specifically addressed. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for
payroll related duties in accordance with company policies and
government regulations. This position requires a high degree of
- Co-process multi-state semi-monthly payroll for the US within
strict deadlines and accuracy requirements which includes tracking
employee time and attendance.
- Co-process multi-province semi-monthly payroll for Canada
within strict deadline and accuracy requirements.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are
processed accurately and timely.
- Process associate rents and monthly payments to the correct
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate and
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Set-up and administrate involuntary deductions such as levies,
garnishments, and child support orders.
- Create ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
using ADP Reporting Tool.
- Shared responsibility for processing internal billing of
payroll costs on a semi-monthly basis.
- Input new associates and record changes of associate status in
ADP (such as change of address, transfers, rate increases).
- Calculate and process terminations in ADP and prepare manual
termination checks in accordance with state and provincial
- Complete Employment Verifications.
- Troubleshoot associate ADP Portal access issues and
- Upload documents into ADP cloud storage
- Research payroll questions and provide excellent customer
service in a timely and positive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through
teamwork, communication and excellence in service; Communicate
regularly with the Human Resources and Payroll teams
- Actively demonstrate the values of the Weidner Customer Service
Vision to team members, associates and external
- 5+ years' experience processing multi-state payroll
- Canada payroll experience a plus
- Must have an understanding of end-to-end payroll
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Experience with US ADP, ADP Reporting and Time & Attendance a
- Consistent close attention to detail and processes
- Experienced in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Yardi and ADP experience preferred; Willing and able to learn
new software programs
- Follow Weidner's Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all
Weidner policies and procedures as well as all Fair Housing, local,
state, and federal laws
- Prompt, regular attendance; wear company dress code / uniform &
maintain professional appearance at all times
- Work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment and/or
- Ability to work outside of normal scheduled hours as
- Willing and able to be assigned to other Weidner properties as
- Working knowledge of English; detail oriented, well
- Must agree to a criminal background check and sign an agreement
for voluntary drug testing
- Valid and current driver's license, vehicle and vehicle
- Ability to work 5 days a week in the Kirkland Home Office
Keywords: Weidner, Kirkland , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...