Pharm Tech I (32 hrs/wk)
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Wage Range: $25.00 - $34.99 per hour
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $3,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealth
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.Job Summary:Responsible for assisting pharmacists, patients, and other healthcare personnel in the provision of pharmaceutical services. Job responsibilities are performed in a collaborative and professional manner to support clinical excellence and absolute safety for those we serve. This role is primarily responsible for the timely delivery of medications to all patient care areas and works as a team member to triage medication delivery.Primary Duties:
1. Answers and triages phone calls and in-person requests within the department, utilizing excellent customer service skills.
2. Accurately calculates, determines, and selects the correct dose to be measured, withdrawn, and/or assembled for the final product to be checked by the pharmacist.
3. Safely and accurately prepares medications to be ultimately checked by the pharmacist. This may include, but not be limited to, the following types of activities:
5. Ensures proper storage of medications in the department and in patient care areas, according to the manufacturers stated storage requirements (including, but not limited to, expiration dating, temperature, and light exposure) and organizational policies and procedures (e.g., storage of look-alike, sound-alike medications, storage locations of high-risk medications, and storage of emergency medications).
6. Provides timely delivery of medications for all patient care areas served by the department, including restocking of the automated dispensing cabinets and patient-specific medications; fulfilling departmental floor stock requests; providing emergency and routine medication requests to the Emergency Department, Operating Rooms and Procedural Areas; restocking emergency medication boxes, crash cart trays and other miscellaneous boxes; and transacting retail or hospice prescriptions.
7. Safely, accurately, and efficiently operates pharmacy automation and technology necessary for daily pharmacy activities. Activities may include processing medication requests through the pharmacy medication system, operating the tube station, communicating with nursing and other staff via the latest telecommunications procedure, restocking and trouble-shooting automated dispensing cabinets, running reports, repackaging medications using a packaging machine, and crediting/debiting medications in the pharmacy medication system.
8. Maintains proper chain of custody for controlled substances (CS), ensures proper storage and control of CS, ensures accurate delivery of CS, and properly accounts for all transactions and/or files all paperwork-related CS activity.
9. Completes all daily tasks as assigned in a timely and efficient manner. Is in constant communication with team members to assess and assist with workflow and supports coworkers as necessary to complete all tasks for the day.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:REQUIRED for the position:
Choices that care for you and your family At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
2023 Benefits Guide
Please see job description
Wage Range: $25.00 - $34.99 per hour
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Pharm Tech I (32 hrs/wk), Human Resources , Kirkland, Washington
here to apply!