Recruiter, Human Resources
Company: Friends of Youth
Posted on: January 16, 2023
recruiter - human resources
The Recruiter is responsible for seeking out qualified candidates
who reflect the diversity of the community and are committed to the
Mission, Vision, and Values of Friends of Youth. They research job
seekers, invite them to apply to a job, screen candidates through
telephone interviews and move them to the respective service for a
more in-depth interview process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Reports To: Director of Human Resources essential
1. Partner with the Senior Generalist of Human Resources and hiring
managers from completion of requisition through selection of a
2. Market and position the agency to attract candidates through a
discussion of job responsibilities, opportunities, salary,
benefits, agency's mission, vision, and values.
3. Work with hiring managers to assess and identify their needs to
develop an effective and creative recruitment plan.
4. Identify recruitment sources of talent for specific and
5. Provide best practices to hiring managers on compliance with
employment laws and selection of qualified candidates.
6. Source resumes and conduct applicant screenings.
7. Partner with hiring managers to develop effective telephone
8. Utilize interviewing techniques to determine knowledge, skills,
and qualifications of candidates.
9. Oversee the hiring process through candidate selection,
reference check process, job offer process, and pre-employment
10. Organize and keep confidential and accurate files that include
resumes, employment application, interview notes, reference checks
and background checks.
11. Serve as the agency's representative with local and regional
employment resources such as career fairs and other community
events, to develop strong, diverse, candidate pools.
12. Build and maintain robust talent pools for the fulfillment of
current openings and ongoing service needs.
13. Maintain accurate files documenting the complete hiring
14. Develop a comprehensive system to track recruiting metrics.
15. Communicate and present monthly, quarterly, and yearly
16. Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the
1. Bachelor's Degree in human resources or business-related field
preferred. In place of a degree, a high school diploma with a
minimum of 2 years of relevant experience can be substituted.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a recruitment capacity.
3. Experience with ADP, Indeed and other hiring platforms
4. Demonstrated working knowledge of MS365 Power Platform.
1. Must satisfactorily pass criminal history check.
2. Must satisfactorily pass tuberculosis (TB) test.
3. Must have reliable transportation and a valid Washington State
driver's license (or be able to obtain one by date of
4. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of
Youth vehicles on Friends of Youth business, must have a safe
driving record as defined by Friends of Youth.
5. Employees and volunteers who operate their own vehicle(s) on
Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability insurance that
complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth.
6. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. There are no
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Able to engage with diverse populations in a culturally
2. Demonstrate a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and
inclusion by honoring and celebrating diverse characteristics and
expressions of personal identity.
3. Strong commitment to Friends of Youth's mission, vision, and
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Able to develop collaborative relationships with hiring
6. Demonstrate interviewing skills and advanced knowledge of
generally accepted employment practices and related laws.
7. Able to travel to multiple local sites and other locations in
personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement provided).
8. Proficient skill set with MS Office Suite programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for long periods of time. In this position, you
must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Acknowledgment This job description should not be construed to
imply that these requirements are the only duties,
responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be
required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire
related job skills, and perform other related job-related work.
Keywords: Friends of Youth, Kirkland , Recruiter, Human Resources, Human Resources , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!