Front Office Supervisor - Heathman Hotel
Company: Columbia Hospitality
Posted on: March 16, 2023
PM Front Office Supervisor - Heathman Hotel
Let's start off with the most important part - what's in it for
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks
(Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic
locations across the globe)
- Values-Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- "Columbia Cares" Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic,
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Free parking on property for all team members Our Commitment to
"People never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou's famous
statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality
and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek
extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating
Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization,
ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a
tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another
to have each other's backs. We show up every day with open hearts,
an inclusive mindset, and genuine respect for those around us. We
have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting
impression on everyone we meet.
What you'll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Supervising procedural aspects of the hotel's front office
(Including Front Desk, Valet, PBX, and Reservations if applicable),
maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods.
- Ensuring guest and employee needs and concerns are responded to
in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on
service recovery when applicable.
- Performing front desk agent duties as necessary, such as
registration, check out and processing room reservations for
- Ensuring proper execution of VIP requirements, including room
requests, amenity placement, welcome letters, gifts, etc.
- Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures
- Assisting with the training, coaching and development of team
- Assisting with interviewing team members.
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property
amenities as well as any special events.
- Preparing daily reports and distributing as directed.
- Understanding of all front office standards and assisting in
- Supplying guests with directions and information regarding
property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local
areas of interest.
- Completing designated cashier and closing reports in the
- Following all company policies and procedures; reporting
accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure
uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information;
protecting company assets.
- Welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with
others; support team to reach common goals.
- Performing other reasonable job duties as requested by
Supervisors. The Nitty Gritty
- Prior front-desk supervisory or lead experience in hospitality
or hotels preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience leading a team
- Previous customer service or guest relations experience
- The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is
required to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- The ability to solve practical problems when only limited
- The ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
- Must possess basic negotiation skills and strong customer
- Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with
an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word. Don't meet every single
requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a
diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited
about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly
with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you
to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or
Where you'll work:
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland is the only boutique hotel in the
vibrant neighborhood of downtown Kirkland, Washington. Indulge in a
refreshing blend of modern luxury, with warm and personalized
service. Our 91 guestrooms and suites are luxurious and
comfortable, with a variety of sizes and amenities to meet your
needs, whether business or pleasure. Savor an inspired seasonal
menu and re-imagined dishes, brought to life through traditional
hearth over cooking at Hearth. Sip on distinctive craft cocktails
in the bar, with indoor and outdoor seating available year-round.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll around Lake Washington and the downtown
Kirkland arts and shopping district.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race,
color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected
status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence
in every position within the company and select the most qualified
people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability - Creativity - Enthusiasm - Honesty - Inclusion -
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting
company with more than 25 years of experience in creating
hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our
portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier
residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public
golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia
Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top
Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine
and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a
fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Columbia Hospitality, Kirkland , Front Office Supervisor - Heathman Hotel, Hospitality & Tourism , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...