Posted on: May 29, 2023
Compounding experience (chemo or non-chemo mixing) is preferred
-Job Summary:Pharmacy technicians provide support to the
pharmacists in preparing and dispensing safe, effective medications
to patients. They perform these duties under the direct supervision
of a licensed pharmacist.Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs functions that support the daily workflow of the
pharmacy including typing new prescriptions, processing refill
prescriptions and entering other prescription data into the
computer; entering chronic condition information; prepackaging and
labeling medications; stocking shelves; reconstituting medications;
counting and pouring medications from stock bottles; filing
prescriptions; performing inventory functions; releasing refill
medications and OTC products to patients; processing requests for
refills; handling non-professional phone calls including refill
requests from patient and refill authorizations from prescribers;
calling prescribers to obtain refill authorization; triages phone
calls to the appropriate person.
- Ensures patient safety by identifying opportunities to prevent
unusual occurrences; consistently performing safety checks when
dispensing medications; and taking appropriate steps to resolve and
report unusual occurrences.
- Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine by staying
current on clinical initiatives and priorities; and identifying
specific issues and bringing them to a pharmacists attention (such
as high risk meds, glucose strips, preferred drugs). Understands
how to read and interpret prescription orders and determine correct
quantities based on the sig and accurately calculate dosages based
on the patients weight.
- Understands and administers the different medication
formularies and follows Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
policies, procedures and protocols. Maintains current knowledge of
basic drug information and medical terminology.
- Supports the pharmacists by assuming responsibility for any
additional operational functions as requested by the pharmacists or
pharmacy manager. - -Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Completion of an approved pharmacy technician training program,
or equivalent, in order to obtain Department of Health Pharmacy
Technician Certification is required by date of
hire/transfer.License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy Technician License (Washington) required at hire
- Ability to use available resources and tools efficiently and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to identify specified issues and bring to attention of
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- May be required to travel to other Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington locations as needed. -Preferred
- One (1) plus year of Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Two (2) plus years of IV experience.
- Two (2) plus years of warehouse experience.
- Experience interacting with an interdisciplinary team including
- Knowledge of managed care health systems and evidence-based
- Completion of an approved pharmacy technician training
program.PrimaryLocation : Washington,Seattle,Capitol Hill Main
BuildingHoursPerWeek : 1Shift : VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 12:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd :
11:59 PMJob Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status
: TemporaryEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : J07-UFCW-UFCW
PharmacyJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
PharmacyDepartment : Central Campus Main - O/P Infusion
Pharm_ClinicBased - 1130Travel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Kirkland , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...