RN Resident Progressive Care Unit (PCU) (Full- time, Nights) Start Date May 15, 2023
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Wage Range: $40.76 - $75.17
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
EvergreenHealth is seeking a new RN graduate to join the well - established, fast - paced team in the EvergreenHealth Progressive Care Unit.
The PCU unit is an Intermediate level of care unit between the ICU and general medical- surgical department. All PCU unit patients require continuous cardiac monitoring.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
RN RESIDENCY PROGRAM DETAILS: EvergreenHealth's Residency Program consists of group practicums and lectures that support the graduate RN to mitigate the education-to-industry gap. We foster growth in the clinical, professional, and transitional aspects of professional nursing practice. The Residency program incorporates collaborative team support by managers, preceptors and clinical nurse educators.
RN Residents require a Washington State RN license and an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card by your hire date and a two-year employment commitment.
Please provide a personalized one-page cover letter that describes why you want to become a Progressive Care Unit RN and give a description of your personal and professional attributes that you bring to this program.
For more information about the RN Residency program click here.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington by date of hire
Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
ACLS within 6 months of date of hire.
DESIRED for the position:
Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) (Preferred)
Senior Practicum in Critical Care or Intermediate/ Step down unit
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees' commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
Medical, vision and dental insurance
On-demand virtual health care
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Life and disability insurance
Retirement plans 457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
Paid Time Off/Vacation
Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
Voluntary identity theft protection
Voluntary legal insurance
Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
Cafeteria & Gift Shop Discount
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.
2023 Benefits Guide
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to those with an RN license for twenty or more years or current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
Wage Range: $40.76 - $75.17
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , RN Resident Progressive Care Unit (PCU) (Full- time, Nights) Start Date May 15, 2023, Healthcare , Kirkland, Washington
here to apply!